Too Many Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Games

Ever get that feeling? That there's just too much out there that looks amazing and it's slipping through the cracks? Post some games here that you think are getting overlooked.

Panzer Paladin
    An incredible looking 8/16 bit action platformer for PC and Switch.

Fae Tactics
    A Final Fantasy Tactics inspired RPG with incredible artwork on PC.

Inertial Drift
    Highly stylised racing game with heavy drift mechanics on PC/Switch/PS4 & XBox (at some point). Left analogue controls your general direction with the right analogue controlling the intensity of your drift. There's a free version called Inertial Drift: Sunset Prologue available right now on Steam

Star Renegades
    I mean, just ****ing look at it. My god. Out now on PC. Also on Game Pass.
    Last edited by Cepp; 20-09-2020, 09:30. Reason: typos / corrections

Panzer Paladin is definitely one, for me. I was waiting to hear if it was any good then just forgot about it.

Certainly we've reached a point where cool SNES/NES-style throwback art really doesn't sell me a game anymore; not for a year or two. I really need to know if it's got the chops to actually be a 16-bit game. That's why I keep blathering on about Freedom Planet, because it's one that managed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Panzer Paladin is definitely one, for me. I was waiting to hear if it was any good then just forgot about it.

Certainly we've reached a point where cool SNES/NES-style throwback art really doesn't sell me a game anymore; not for a year or two. I really need to know if it's got the chops to actually be a 16-bit game. That's why I keep blathering on about Freedom Planet, because it's one that managed it.
      Indeed it's not enough anymore, but I'd say graphically a lot of games go beyond that now on a technical level.

A quick search and it seems like Freedom Planet 2 is still in development. I'm sure its been at least 4 years since the first game now though.

Comment

Inertial Drift looks great. Anyone played? Not on xbox yet. Switch maybe

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Inertial Drift looks great. Anyone played? Not on xbox yet. Switch maybe
          I gave the free version a try on Steam and really enjoyed it. The first track can be done in just under a minute with a bit of practice so even from the start, you're trying to best your times. I haven't got any further as yet, but I'll be playing it more today.

Comment

Working...
          X