Sitting on the Throne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting on the Throne

Nope, this isn't about playing Mario Kart on the toilet.

Gaming Chairs

What chair do you use for your gaming time and have you dabbled with the growing sea of 'gaming chairs' such as the models with built in speakers or strange floor seated models?

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Nope, this isn't about playing Mario Kart on the toilet.

Gaming Chairs

What chair do you use for your gaming time and have you dabbled with the growing sea of 'gaming chairs' such as the models with built in speakers or strange floor seated models?
    We have a sofa. I've tried various things over the years but they've always ended up being a novelty.

My PC chair is a Miller Aeron; they're amazing but they're expensive. I got mine luckily quite cheap on eBay.

Comment

In the summer i had a bit of extra money so i treated myself to a Game of Thrones House Stark Secret Labs Omega chair, I have been wanting one for years but could never quite justify spending £300+ on a gaming chair but i have to say it has been worth every penny i spent on it. It is without doubt the most comfortable chair i have used. The quality is top notch, its well built and the leather is supper nice, neither too soft/firm and its brilliant for my back its a real goldilox chair. I can sit in it for hours and not get back ache etc. Should last me a good few years.

Comment

I've been using the Ikea Markus for well over ten years at this point. It's buggered now though and I'm on the lookout for a new chair as well.

I do like the Secret Labs Omega chair below, but I wish you could get it with no logos/writing on it.

Comment

If I'm in the lounge I sit on either the big leather sofa or the floor.

In the playroom I've got an Ikea Poang which is insanely comfortable.

Comment

They seem a bit gimmicky to me. If someone likes them that's fine. A chair is a chair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              They seem a bit gimmicky to me. If someone likes them that's fine. A chair is a chair to me.
              Well yeah, but some people can sit in them for up to 16 hours a day for decades and end up with irreparable damage to the physique from doing so. If you're in an office job a good chair is a priority.

I'll be looking into a Secret Lab at some point. The prices are genuinely great when the sky's the limit when it comes to comparable office chairs. However, I'm currently standing due to being so sick of crap chairs all my life and having no money right now. I should probably be buying a chair before I upgrade my GPU, but I'm a bit of a knob.

For general gaming I had a Christopher Guy 'Montecristo' back in Singapore. Black Rhino Leather with Alcantara Red trim (the same stuff that goes into Ferraris). My colleagues all chipped together and got it for me as a wedding gift. It's at my in-laws and needs shipping out ASAP. Absolute perfection.

Comment

That's the thing, I'm doing my work from my PC desk at home and of course I like to play PC games there as well so I need something decent.

Comment

This came up because my missus has apparently been thinking about it.

My existing chair is this:

I've had it for approaching 15 years and it cost about £50 from Ikea. It's been a broadly comfy chair but it's long been showing its age with replacing it just not being that high on the agenda. With working from home now a thing as well she'd been thinking about it being time to sort that but most cheaper chairs just look the same but more garish and office designs often look smaller of cheaper mesh based. There's a ton of this stuff going around:

She was thinking something like this:

But then it's a small jump in price for something feature heavy but for all I know bad for you such as:

Comment

Majority of my gaming is done on a sofa, but at my desk I’ve been rocking the same Ikea Markus chair for about ten years now, so it’s coming up to retirement age. Like a lot of people, use of my home office has soared in recent months, so I’m weighing up a bunch of options. I’d like something ergonomic and comfy - naturally - but don’t want anything with bright colours or obvious branding, which as noted, rules out 95% of ‘gaming chairs’. I’m not quite so committed to the idea to get a brand new Herman Miller, but I’m casually keeping an eye out for a second hand one in my area.

Comment

Yeah I'm in the same boat. My wife went off and bought a new desk and chair from Made as she is self employed and I only used to work from home 2 days a week... Now it's reversed and she usually works from the kitchen and I'm in the study most days.

I absolutely hate the desk and chair she's got. It's a glass desk which looks nice but the edges make your wrists sore over the day and you can't mount an adjustable monitor mount to it which is something I really want to do as we both like the monitor at different heights.

Then the chair is the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. It doesn't recline and the padding is crap. It's ruining my back...

I'm looking for something that looks office but is comfortable for gaming and work. But something that's affordable as well, like sub £70 ideally.

Comment

I got a 'luxury' office chair from amazon for about £70. Really comfy. Its very padded and reclines. My only slight issue is that the arms are fixed and can get in the way. I sometimes use an upturned wash basket for a foot stool too.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Majority of my gaming is done on a sofa, but at my desk I’ve been rocking the same Ikea Markus chair for about ten years now, so it’s coming up to retirement age. Like a lot of people, use of my home office has soared in recent months, so I’m weighing up a bunch of options. I’d like something ergonomic and comfy - naturally - but don’t want anything with bright colours or obvious branding, which as noted, rules out 95% of ‘gaming chairs’. I’m not quite so committed to the idea to get a brand new Herman Miller, but I’m casually keeping an eye out for a second hand one in my area.
                          i want to sit in one just to see what its like... I've never seen a chair get so much buzz and hype.

Comment

I've been using office chairs for years and I'm about to get another office chair as any of the gaming chairs I've seen out there look a bit dorky.

Comment

I ordered the Secretlab Omega Black Softweave Fabric chair last night after spending ten minutes trying to adjust my Ikea Markus which is just absolutely ****ed at this point. I do like the grey colour scheme you can get but I also know just how easy that colour/fabric is to stain (my current chair is also grey/fabric), so I went with black.

Should be here by the end of October.

Comment

Working...
                              X