No announcement yet.

Microsoft buys Zenimax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Microsoft keep giving you "free" sweets, you're going to keep eating them.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Actually, that's an interesting thought. If people get to the end of the incoming gen and they own no games, are they more or less likely to be brand loyal? If PS6 plays PS5 games and you own a load, aren't you more likely to carry on with Sony?
      I'd be interested to know how many people make use of backward compatibility. Thinking about it, I'm not sure that I ever have. Possibly not even once, despite keeping my favourite games from previous generations. I wonder how big a draw this really is?

Comment

It just so happens we have metrics for that ....

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          I'd be interested to know how many people make use of backward compatibility. Thinking about it, I'm not sure that I ever have. Possibly not even once, despite keeping my favourite games from previous generations. I wonder how big a draw this really is?
          I use it all the time. I'm regularly going back and playing titles I've missed or enjoyed before.

Comment

This is interesting.

MS will have access to Orion, cloud streaming tech being developed in-house at Bethesda and id software.

Comment

Doom Eternal has been called one of the best first-person shooters ever. If you haven’t already experienced its unique brand of fast-paced, push-forward, first-person combat, now’s the time to blast your way into id Software’s critically acclaimed game coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1 and Xbox Game Pass for PC later in 2020. […]

And there it is, DOOM Eternal is coming to Game Pass on 01/10/20 for XBox and later in 2020 for PC. I was holding off buying this until I set up a new rig but I'm just going to dive in when it hits PC Game Pass now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/...ass-october-1/

And there it is, DOOM Eternal is coming to Game Pass on 01/10/20 for XBox and later in 2020 for PC. I was holding off buying this until I set up a new rig but I'm just going to dive in when it hits PC Game Pass now.
                I bought it on Xbox when it was half price a few months back for Quakecon or whatever it's called....

£25 I could have saved but oh well, great game either way and hopefully it means we're getting a next gen patch real quick now it's part of the Microverse

Comment

Great game. Still haven't got round to finishing it.
                  As a soon to be PS5 owner, I will miss any future installments of Doom.

Comment

Definitely going to give that a bash. I really enjoyed Doom 2016, even if it did slightly outstay its welcome for me.

Comment

A 4k 120fps patch for DOOM Eternal and it's 2016 predecessor would be awesome.

Comment

I'm playing Doom 2016 now...

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell you properly why but I didn't enjoy Doom Eternal as much as Doom 2016 by quite a margin. Hopefully, as presumably one of the earliest projects, Wolfenstein III is a return to form.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            I'm playing Doom 2016 now...
                            Nonny was it yourself who clocked enough ms points to nearly buy a console? How did you do it? Not the right thread i know but I couldn’t find the post.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Nonny was it yourself who clocked enough ms points to nearly buy a console? How did you do it? Not the right thread i know but I couldn’t find the post.
                              Yeah mate. Probably not the right thread but basically you need to get onto doing daily Microsoft rewards via Bing and weekly rewards via the actual console and Game Pass.

Basically the daily rewards which you can do on your phone involves using the Edge browser and doing the daily quizzes it throws up. There's usually 3 a day and then you also need to do around 30 searches using Bing mobile and PC to get an extra 60 and 90 points respectively. For that you can just use Edge on your phone and switch from mobile to desktop mode and do a load of searches (A-Z etc..) to hit the daily limit.

Do that every day and I think its every 10 days they will give you another 150 points for repeat days... plus the odd few other rewards crop up daily from time to time. Dust and repeat, every day...

Then on the console install the Rewards app and go there every day if you can. There is a 50pt reward daily for getting an achievement in any game plus a load of other ones for 5 or 10pts to view something on the store etc... just keep it ticking over. There is then a 3-part weekly challenge to do to get 100pt for the week and much like the above process its a case usually of getting e.g. 3 achievements in a week, doing 50 bing searches etc...

Then the third, and last component is using the Game Pass app on your phone and on the console doing Game Pass rewards. This is similar where you get 5pt every day for using the Game Pass app on your phone and 5pt every day for opening a game pass game. There's also other daily and weekly accumulator rewards... and most often they are bloody simple.

Short version... get in the habit of doing these rewards all the time and you'll start getting between 5-10 quid a month, every month... some times a little more depending on the rewards (but they mainly follow a pattern).

I did this and saved up £140 but spent some on Doom Eternal and Control... had about £80 left when the consoles released for pre-order.

I also had some rewards from work which get converted into Amazon vouchers, which I put straight into Xbox gift card credit (another £40) and lastly, the biggest chunk is when I bought several £50 gift cards from CDKeys when they were down to £40.99.

So not everything was free, but you start to add it all up and it was a pretty decent discount.

The only caveat to be aware of is if you buy gift cards there is no end date on the credit in your MS account, but when you claim the rewards points for gift card credit that does... it will expire within 3 months if you don't use it.

Also this obviously ties you in to only being able to buying directly from the MS store, and only from the UK one at that. But all up its still a decent discount over the RRP .

Last edited by nonny; 25-09-2020, 15:19.

Comment

What if you already have a full time job?

Lol, pretty cool system you have worked out there

Comment

Working...
                                X