Steam - remote install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam - remote install?

Maybe I'm being dim, but I want to add a game demo to my queue from the web on my laptop so when I turn on the PC later, it starts downloading the game. Is that possible? On the xbox website I can choose which xboxes to install to for example.

If only there was a way to search for that information

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      If only there was a way to search for that information

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6324-IGHC-5301
      I did find that article when I searched, but it didn't help me. When I press "play game" it asks me if steam is installed on the machine I'm using, which it obviously isn't and won't let me proceed without installing steam. From reading it again, perhaps it only allows you to remotely install a game that is ALREADY in my library? I'm trying to install the inertial drift demo.

Comment

You must looking in the wrong place as it works just as stated.

You should see this:

And simply click the download icon on the right.

Edit - Are you trying to directly download from the store front? It has to be in your library to do the remote install stuff. Free stuff works wierdly on the store front as there's no way to add it to your library without it launching in Steam first, it's in your library then and the remote install will work as above.
        Last edited by MartyG; 22-09-2020, 18:30.

Comment

Yeah, must be a quirk of demos and just coincidentally the first time I try remotely it's a demo...

Comment

Working...
          X