Virtua Fighter x eSport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtua Fighter x eSport

No word on the exact nature but it looks like a new Virtua Fighter is in development, hopefully it's Virtua Fighter 6

Slightly worried that it’s not going to be as simple or brilliant as “here is a disc with Virtua Fighter 6 you can play on a console”, but new VF is amazing news. I really got into the series too late, but Final Showdown is a stunning game.

Comment

Please be VF6. And a VF collection.

*knows it will more than likely be some cack mobile game

Comment

Yuck esports.

Comment

Announcing the esports series before the new game (or lack of) makes me think it isn't VF6. It's been so long since VF was relevant I don't want another VF5 release tbh

Comment

That tweet has now been deleted... Is this for real?

Sega is no longer really able to make games and relies on 3rd parties, I doubt a new VF is in development. I would really love a PC / Nex Generation Console collection of old Virtua Fighters.

On that note, VF3 is one of my favourite ever fighters and remember watching this video opening with Aoi and being blown away.

Comment

The official Sega tweet is still up:

Comment

If I can play through a story mode or just CPUs I'd be up for a new virtua Fighter. I don't want to play 12 year old Sam from arkansas.

Comment

VF5 (not FS) had possibly the greatest fighting game single player mode of all time, where you had to play in a variety of Japanese arcades against AI versions of real players from those locations (that was based on their actual saved arcade data!), qualify and enter in tournaments and so on. It was huge and brilliant and I bet we’ll never get anything that good in a fighter again.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    VF5 (not FS) had possibly the greatest fighting game single player mode of all time, where you had to play in a variety of Japanese arcades against AI versions of real players from those locations (that was based on their actual saved arcade data!), qualify and enter in tournaments and so on. It was huge and brilliant and I bet we’ll never get anything that good in a fighter again.
                    I’d forgotten all about that ... it was utterly brilliant.

Comment

Yeah, the Quest mode in VF5 was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        That was 1st in VF 4 Evo and IMO was better.

Comment

Good, now drop the initially Japan only and the eSports focus and this will be on the right track

Comment

So do we know what it IS yet? Is it another revision of VF5?

Comment

I don't know why everyone thinks the eSports angle is bad.

To me that reads as constant balancing and upkeep, funded by mictotransactional cosmetics. It's also the best way of rebuilding a community for the series.

Comment

Working...
                              X