No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing new but a suggestion again that PSVR1 owners will need to keep hold of their headsets

Comment

This would be a massive shame for people the current psvr catalogue. However if the new hardware isn’t compatible not a lot you can do but remaster the old stuff.

Comment

It'll severely limit the new headsets appeal too, if there isn't a heavy amount of continuous new content I'd have a lot less interest in one dependent of trying to sell me Beat Saber again

Comment

Mmmm I've promised my niece she could have my 4Pro and PSVR when I get the PSVR2. Maybe some games will get patched for forwards compatibility.

Comment

Comment

How is a ps5 going to drive a screen resolution that high?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                How is a ps5 going to drive a screen resolution that high?
                There are a few caveats to this.

It'll use dynamic resolution, so only some games will hit the absolute top. But it's useful because things like onscreen text can use the max res, and be really legible even if the game is lower (a lot of Switch games already do this). Also DLSS might be able to artificially increase the perceived resolution of games.

Secondly, the PSVR's going to have a screen with 2 parts; a central fovea part of this crazy res and an outer part which is lower-res.

This high res will be good for things like watching 4k movies, or playing games that don't tax the system, and it can always go lower.

Comment

Good stuff, makes sense ^^^. Apart from the DLSS part cos it's AMD

Comment

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. May as well pump with ppi up and let devs figure it out.

Comment

All true. I was coming at this from a purely simulator point of view. Which is wrong.

Comment

800PPI should look great. 2000 x 2040 pixels per eye puts it 2.5 inches per panel. 4000 x 2040 total is about the same as a 4k TV so the PS5 should cope with that fine.

Comment

Actually that's not as high as I thought, about the same as my Reverb (2160x2160 per eye on 2.89" screens)

Comment

Official Web site is up. Nothing we don't already know on it.

PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Sense controller: the next generation of VR gaming on PS5. Introducing Horizon Call of the Mountain for PS VR2.

Comment

Now have they made a 4k headset using just a single usb connection? Why can’t pcs do this!?

Comment

It's got to be soon. Way too much movement for a release at the end of 2022 or 2023

Comment

Working...
                                X