No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think given where we are in the PS5 lifecycle you'd want them to go high spec / price as basically I doubt they're going to bring out another hardware revision for VR.

It'll surely be expensive to be an early adopter but it'll come down in price fairly quickly.

Comment

It's the software I'm wary of, Sony has form for waning off support products that aren't the main systems and PSVR is very dependent on indie PC hand-me-downs. It's not an issue in the sense that it opens the games up to console audiences but it means that wihtout Sony backing it properly there will be nothing that actually showcases it or makes use of the system beyond what PSVR1 does (resolution aside). Hopefully that's exactly what is being cooked up with stuff like Blood and Truth 2 etc

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        It's the software I'm wary of, Sony has form for waning off support products that aren't the main systems and PSVR is very dependent on indie PC hand-me-downs. It's not an issue in the sense that it opens the games up to console audiences but it means that wihtout Sony backing it properly there will be nothing that actually showcases it or makes use of the system beyond what PSVR1 does (resolution aside). Hopefully that's exactly what is being cooked up with stuff like Blood and Truth 2 etc
        Admittedly though, for anyone getting into VR potentially for the first time, there's more than a console's worth of stuff to play. Sony have at least done well at facilitating releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Admittedly though, for anyone getting into VR potentially for the first time, there's more than a console's worth of stuff to play. Sony have at least done well at facilitating releases.
          They have kept the PSVR well fed and made sure that pretty much every highly regarded PC VR game gets a port too, Superhot, Beat sabre, Pistol whip ect dont just show up on their own. they all showed up pretty fast so they must be really proactive in getting games on the psvr. And then you have the exclusives like Blood and Truth, Astrobot VR, Wipeout, Resident Evil and firewall (off the top of my head) all being amazing experiences.

We've even seen them update things for ps5 too with blood and truth and firewall both getting ps5 upgrades its hardly an abandoned system. It's unfair to point at the Vita which was a commercial failure as sometimes you just have to decide that something is a bad product that nobody wants and its time to put it to bed its hardly a history of abandoning system after system now is it.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 16-06-2021, 14:31.

Comment

Expectations will come with it though to deliver the next-generation of VR which will be unfair but still what will come with being the next generation of console VR on the next generation of PS console. B/C patches won't get them far so the comparison holds some water as 4-5 first party titles that don't really push it in the first year then little else will hit a wall fast. Hopefully they have a robust plan in place.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              You're talking to a man who played 250 hours of Skyrim on the PS3...I'm battle hardened at this point. Bethesda can't make a game buggy enough to dissuade me (not for lack of trying).
              You should have tried FO76.

Comment

You're talking to a man who played 250 hours of Skyrim on the PS3...I'm battle hardened at this point. Bethesda can't make a game buggy enough to dissuade me (not for lack of trying).
                Same. Jesus christ it was painful at times.

Comment

Chugging round Solstheim at a solid 15fps, crossing fingers it doesn't hard crash. That's the true Bethesda experience

Comment

Chugging round Solstheim at a solid 15fps, crossing fingers it doesn't hard crash. That's the true Bethesda experience
                    Oh yeah. Couldn't live without that.
                    Remember the ps3 only issue with memory resources being taken up with items. So the more you played the slower it got. They patched it in the end but that was fun for a while.

Comment

I remember that so well, that’s why I mentioned Solstheim. By the time I got there it was absolutely crawling

Just such a badly made game and yet such a brilliant one.

Comment

At least you won’t see adds in your psvr/2. Unlike Facebooks headset which they’ve just announced will be getting vr adds, hilarious that people actually thought they wouldn’t do it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          At least you won’t see adds in your psvr/2. Unlike Facebooks headset which they’ve just announced will be getting vr adds, hilarious that people actually thought they wouldn’t do it.
                          "At present"
                          "Currently"
                          "For now"

Comment

For real? So you can be playing something and then it just breaks into an Ad like YouTube?

Comment

Full article here on Ars.

Announcement doubles down on Facebook account requirement for Oculus hardware.

Comment

Full article here on Ars.

https://arstechnica.com/?p=1774126
                                The trouble with Ars and Sam Machkovech in particular is they are very bias against Facebook and anti-Quest (at the far end of the scale), so their slant is always going to make it appear far far worse than it actually is. Not saying the you shouldn't go in with your eyes open when getting a Quest and be aware that the hardware is subsidised by Facebook, but if you are to believe Ars, the sky is falling down when it really isn't - Quest 2 is a fab bit of kit.

Quest and PSVR succeeding on a large scale will be very much to be benefit of VR succeeding in general and mean that bigger and better VR experiences are more likely to be developed.

Comment

Working...
                                X