No announcement yet.

Genshin Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed with the samurai guy, wind magic needs an overhaul as it at best seems to be only there to support fire, and other reactions are far better damage or debuffs. Not fan they didn't make a Katana model or model new animations, everything is reused from others.

Well my 30 day cooldown on master-whatever-dust was up so 5x of each star got me 2 rolls, absolute crap for the Samurai themed one, and ended up with 5star Dulic and 2 4star weapons on the other roll. I really can't afford resources for him with Klee around and his passive inworld is rubbish as 25% rebate on crafted claymores, Klee's turned out to be super useful as it tracks all ascension flower materials on the mini map.

Comment

Don't underestimate Anemo ive seen some crazy stuff done with the new guy on his own, Add in that when you swirl an enemy with anemo, it lowers their resistance to everything else and you can set up some really cool damage scenarios, its why Venti is so op and seen as top tier. I got Klee with hours to go and and shes a power house, I've been putting all my resources into her and got her leveled up and she is a great damage dealer even at lvl 70 with unoptimized artifacts and low abilitys.

Comment

Played a bit of the big update which added a Japan themed map. Not much to say about it so far, as you're locked into the story for a while to get off the first island but it sure does look pretty, though im not impressed by the new music as it's nowhere near as good as the 2 previous themes.

I am having major trouble with the update done to the PS5 controls, it's seems there is zero deadzone on the standard walk now and it keeps drifting the character to the left a problem i've not had in other Ps5 games so far, lost count of the amount time it interrupted the party deploy screen.. either they've missed up the deadzones or my Ps5 pad decided to start drifting today (i wouldn't put that out of the question with the amount of ps4 pads i lost to sony's **** analogue sticks). The other noticeable pad update is alot more audio and rumble out of the pad.

Also spent £25'ish on buying gems, seems you only get the double bonus once and got nothing but bad rolls lesson learned.

And lastly, is there any point to building on other islands in the teapot? i've maxed out 20k+, trust level and created all the special sets which give presents.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Played a bit of the big update which added a Japan themed map. Not much to say about it so far, as you're locked into the story for a while to get off the first island but it sure does look pretty, though im not impressed by the new music as it's nowhere near as good as the 2 previous themes.

I am having major trouble with the update done to the PS5 controls, it's seems there is zero deadzone on the standard walk now and it keeps drifting the character to the left a problem i've not had in other Ps5 games so far, lost count of the amount time it interrupted the party deploy screen.. either they've missed up the deadzones or my Ps5 pad decided to start drifting today (i wouldn't put that out of the question with the amount of ps4 pads i lost to sony's **** analogue sticks). The other noticeable pad update is alot more audio and rumble out of the pad.

Also spent £25'ish on buying gems, seems you only get the double bonus once and got nothing but bad rolls lesson learned.

And lastly, is there any point to building on other islands in the teapot? i've maxed out 20k+, trust level and created all the special sets which give presents.

Its just if you like the aesthetics of the different maps i suppose, i moved my main house to the mountain region and built a really cool walled pagoda style house on top of a waterfall and it looks amazing from the foot of the mountain if i don't say so myself .

New region new characters and new story, and cross play have just been added, it really is a game that keeps on giving but i suppose they have to do something to keep you interested in spending on it, i tend to chuck a small amount down at the start of big new content drops and out of a ten pull i got Ningguang a Yenfi and the new Five star all on the same pull. I'm tempted to link my PSN to a Genshin account so i can do my daily's on my phone on a lunch time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            New region new characters and new story, and cross play have just been added, it really is a game that keeps on giving but i suppose they have to do something to keep you interested in spending on it, i tend to chuck a small amount down at the start of big new content drops and out of a ten pull i got Ningguang a Yenfi and the new Five star all on the same pull. I'm tempted to link my PSN to a Genshin account so i can do my daily's on my phone on a lunch time.
            I was going to look into this - but apparently there's some weirdness. Like if you've ever played the game before on your PSN account, you are now permanently locked into that account and can't access your mobile one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I was going to look into this - but apparently there's some weirdness. Like if you've ever played the game before on your PSN account, you are now permanently locked into that account and can't access your mobile one.
              Weird no great loss and probably save me some space not having to download such a beast of a game to my mobile.

Comment

Got a bit further in the story opening up the larger island in the east, the Tanuki shrine with the blue glow really stands out. Quite a few new things do,

new chests and statue collectables to get (yay stamina increases)
                area puzzles
                electro grapple hook
                electro seelies
                electro power carrying puzzles similar to Liyue lamps and ice mountains crimson ice
                Boat stuff carried over from the summer event
                alot of world quests
                weird ass Tanuki which im not sure what they do, i followed them till they vanished and tried hitting them like the money minks, but nothing happens.
                Plenty new baddies, various samurai, new electro hillies, new ruin guard types, a very annoying new water based Fatui mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  Weird no great loss and probably save me some space not having to download such a beast of a game to my mobile.
                  What's a bit of a pisser is that I can't connect my PS4 account, because I've already played it on PS4.

For 5 minutes.

During which I figured out I couldn't connect my account, and promptly quit.

Comment

Got a bit further in the story opening up the larger island in the east, the Tanuki shrine with the blue glow really stands out. Quite a few new things do,

new chests and statue collectables to get (yay stamina increases)
                    area puzzles
                    electro grapple hook
                    electro seelies
                    electro power carrying puzzles similar to Liyue lamps and ice mountains crimson ice
                    Boat stuff carried over from the summer event
                    alot of world quests
                    weird ass Tanuki which im not sure what they do, i followed them till they vanished and tried hitting them like the money minks, but nothing happens.
                    Plenty new baddies, various samurai, new electro hillies, new ruin guard types, a very annoying new water based Fatui mage.
                    It's an absolute joy to explore and a really cool new story which I'm pretty invested in so far. Their are a lots of new enemies loads of treasure to find and a ton of new secrets to find. Some of the enemies seem to be ripping through my health if i don't respect them, but the Zhongli shield Hu Tao Melt combo seems to rip through stuff like it did in Mondstadt/Liyue.

Loving it so far and for those on the fence if you like Zelda but fancy something with combat that's a bit deeper you really need to give this game a go, having a massive new area to explore is bringing back that feeling i got when i first started this, loving the look of this new area too it really is well designed.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 22-07-2021, 09:21.

Comment

Samurai charge up and dash is quite annoying for me, my main opening is Beidou's Counter and if im up close they move far enough to avoid the AoE. In other news the west island is no joke... rain and lightening strikes everywhere, and bunch of electro fields i can't pass at the moment, which might be related to levelling up the tree?

Figured out the Tanuki by accident, they change in to a random thing on the last teleport, just happened that this time it changed to a stack of stones which always swing at

Comment

Samurai charge up and dash is quite annoying for me, my main opening is Beidou's Counter and if im up close they move far enough to avoid the AoE. In other news the west island is no joke... rain and lightening strikes everywhere, and bunch of electro fields i can't pass at the moment, which might be related to levelling up the tree?

Figured out the Tanuki by accident, they change in to a random thing on the last teleport, just happened that this time it changed to a stack of stones which always swing at
                        i did the exact same as sometimes those stones hide chests,

Horizon Zero Dawn protagonist Aloy is heading to Genshin Impact, PlayStation announced earlier today. A tweet from the …

This is pretty cool, free five star character of Aloy, its not a ps5 exclusive either, as its coming to all platforms a few weeks after it comes to ps4/5

Comment

Shame Aloy's a bow character, going to assume electro although i can hope she's plays more like Childe melee special. At least they made her cute

Comment

Yeah have to say Im not a big fan of bow characters, shes a Cryo five star do directly in competition with Ganyu who is very OP so they need to match what shes doing or give her a unique utility or shes gonna come in feeling flat.

Comment

Did Ayaka story line, man i got baited hard when i thought we'd be getting a new outfit for the Traveller... would be cool if they added a new locally themed costume for not china and not japan.

Comment

Really enjoying the world quests which usually give a new piece of puzzle equipment and alter the map, finished off the Shrine Maiden/seal one which also helped me look around this huge underground cave that lead out under the sea to a resin ticket boss.

In other news i pulled Ayaka from the gacha, yay! and Twitch have started what looks like a monthly item grab for prime payers (prisms, exp scrolls, etc,etc)

Comment

Working...
                                X