No announcement yet.

Genshin Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of burnt out on this a bit now, but logged back in for the event and the new story quests, this latest banner isn't going down well with Kokomi's banner offering the worst five star to date her healing isn't great and she has extremely weak attacks. All my primo's are going on the weapon banner now as i want the jade cutter sword as its one of if not the best sword in the game.

Comment

I ended up with Kokomi after the 400prism mail and todays 5/5 shop wishes being up, wanted more Rosaria . What are they thinking with 5-star character having -100% crit and healing barely on par with Barbara.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        I ended up with Kokomi after the 400prism mail and todays 5/5 shop wishes being up, wanted more Rosaria . What are they thinking with 5-star character having -100% crit and healing barely on par with Barbara.
        Thats the thing shes not even as good as a C1 Barbara, you then have to bare in mind that a C5 Barbara is far easier to get and will revive a character too you have to wonder hows shes even classed as a 5 star.

Comment

100% on all Mondstadt areas at last! still long way to go on Liyue areas, only one area at 100% the rest just above 90%, Dragonspine 95% and Inazuma 100% everywhere but Watatsumi, though i still missing a 5 or 6 quests probably due to some stupid daily mission unlock.

Finished the event stuff abit go, could have done with out the cooking minigame, the rewards are pretty crap.. there is just no point in giving out green/blue cooking recipes. At least the chest hunting game was good fun, hope they bring that back in future events.

And have a bunch of rolls saved for the next banner with Childe/Hu tao on it, mainly want Hu Tao to see what all the fuse is about.

Comment

new patch brings another new Island and with it music, quests, puzzles and new fights. New event is a classic music mini game.

Comment

Hu Tao is like having a mini nuke on your team, I'm saving for her banner so i can get her C1 as this means, She dosent use stamina to do her burst. even without C1 she dose some of the best single target damage in the game. Her charge attack doing around 20,000 per hit (un-buffed). This goes up to 40,000+ per hit if you add in a water or ice de-buff she's fast too so your charging through enemy's and can bring down really big enemy's really quickly. she feeds off HP buffs as well so all them artifacts that have high health % that nobody really needs suddenly become amazing.

Her only downside is that she has to sacrifice health to be hitting at her optimal level, i thought she was pretty bad at first but once i built her right i realized how good she is. You have to build her for health, My Hu Tao has 35,000 HP most characters have between 10,000-15,000 so getting her health to half to deal the most damage isn't an issue really. Saying that i tend to pair her with a shield character, Zhongli is good as you can just build him so that hes constantly giving you a shield but if you don't have him Noelle is brilliant with her as well. Noel can heal and she auto shields you when your character drops below a third. You kind of need a healer with Hu-Tao to keep her topped up as every-time you set her staff on fire it reduces her health, You can mitigate this a bit with her alt as this heals herself and deals a crazy amount of damage too.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 18-10-2021, 10:10.

Comment

Not bad, like the idea of trading HP for damage, like good ole Dark Knights in Final Fantasy. My highest normal/charge at the moment is Klee (Crit rate/Crit Dmg) using the Dodo Book, can get 10-20k on a charged hit, on Beidou i can reach 29k for her perfectly timed counter and my fastest DoT is probably Ayaka (against Crit rate/DMG).

Got the Tanuki to lvl90, damage is poor and the healing is super disappointing and unless you get her C1 the healing special is limited by all these stupid rules. So.. next up to 90 Noelle, rock'n'roll girl and Mona(to replace Barbara's water attacks), just need a decent anti ice setup for defence side(got Klee and Dulic for DD) as wind attacks don't work and Barbara healing freezes me.

Started on the new teapot sets, will probably have to remove the old sets soon to make room.

Comment

You will probably end up retiring your Klee if yo get Hu Tao as she dose so much more with none of Klee's downsides, i really wish they had buffed Klee a bit for her rerun as shes fun to use but super squishy and very tricky to keep safe as your routed to the spot when attacking.

Hu Tao kind of spoils things a bit as she just hits so hard you have no real reason to use anything else. Every character I've built since has felt underwhelming as a main dps so why bother? Her normal attacks hit hard, her special, hits crazily hard, and her super attack you can get up 1 million + by not doing that much at all, i don't even have staff of Homa for her, she is triple crowned though like my Kerching.

Comment

Don't think i can be bothered to finish the last dungeon in the event, got through level 1 but the monster HP is a spiralling out of control and turned the game in to a right chore when you're fighting 21 hillicurls for 15 to 20 minutes even with all the damage boosters.

Also noticed they made a few tiny gameplay change in the last patch, trees and brushes don't tag on the first hit which is annoying when farming and picking up items is super, super fast now, zero lag, as fast as you can hit the button letting you can pick 6 items in the air.

Comment

Don't think i can be bothered to finish the last dungeon in the event, got through level 1 but the monster HP is a spiralling out of control and turned the game in to a right chore when you're fighting 21 hillicurls for 15 to 20 minutes even with all the damage boosters.

Also noticed they made a few tiny gameplay change in the last patch, trees and brushes don't tag on the first hit which is annoying when farming and picking up items is super, super fast now, zero lag, as fast as you can hit the button letting you can pick 6 items in the air.
                      I'm sure someone on reddit said their was no point to the last dungeon and you dont get anything unique from it. not long now till the Hu Tao rerun got lots of primo's saved up for that C1, my store has just refreshed too so i can get the free wishes again too.

Spent a bit of time on the New island over the weekend and it felt like the perfect time to play it as its felt very halloweeny. Wandering around in the fog fighting ghosts and solving mystery's in a scooby doo PG style way. That is my favorite part of this game, exploring new places, finding treasure and doing the new quests.

Comment

3 rolls, Gold on the first try.... Jean, ended up with 3 Thoma and 2 Tanuki (at least getting c1 makes her special useful).

Thoma seems like more defensive Xinyan, with shields for normal and special (without the 100% critical rate though for c1), his passive is double fish... not so helpful if you've grinded the spear . That's me out after spending the monthly 5/5 and my build up of of duplicate pity coin, should get 2-3 10star rolls before the month is up depending on events.

Also finished the new islands 4th (and last) quest line, quite enjoyed the looping and the fog.

Comment

I got Hu Tao again really early so put wishes i had left into the weapon banner, I've not wished on the last two banners so had quite a bit saved up from the anniversary event, the no stamina use for her charged attack makes a massive difference to her damage output as stamina used to deplete pretty fast it means you can now sprint into battle and not have to worry about your stamina gauge too.

I've only done the first two parts of the island quest so far and both are really intresting with new mechanics and loads of treasure to find, It still amazes me how they are able to put out content of this quality on a 6 week rolling schedule yeah you get some filler updates sometimes but the last few have all been amazing. they must have a really robust engine for them to be able to drop in new assets story and entire new areas on a fairly regular basis, it makes other live service providers look like amateurs.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 03-11-2021, 10:20.

Comment

Enjoying the new events and the new story mission did get a chuckle from me for the Piamon painting. 2x 10 rolls wasted on nothing, think i'll just save up for the next banner, don't need science man and i have Ayaka filling the ice killer role, though that Eula.. hot damn! i just love the animation on the normal attack combo.

In other news, Hu Tao to 90 but need to sort out weapon, talents and artifacts. Need to grind talents and artifacts for Maid and Mona as well, next on the grind to 90 list is ice bow cat and Childe. Also finally got a blueprint weapon of fthe domain bosses after 11 weeks of nothing (a sword at that!!!).

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Hu Tao kind of spoils things a bit as she just hits so hard you have no real reason to use anything else.
                              what is your Hu Tao setup, weapon, artifacts and support/enabler characters.

Comment

what is your Hu Tao setup, weapon, artifacts and support/enabler characters.
                                For support I use either zhogli a shield ,if you set him up right you have 100% uptime on your shield, Retracing Bolide gives you 35% increase in shield strength and a 40% buff to attack Noel is a pretty good back up as she has the added bonus of being able to heal characters too, same artefact set. Xingqiu or akeya for Melt reactions Akeya is a good sub dps too.

My HuTao has deathmatch at lvl 2 for her weapon and a four piece red witch, I stack as much health as I can she has 120% crit rare and 180% crit damage and around 30,000 HP this took a massive amount of artifact farming and is far from optimal.

Comment

Working...
                                X