No announcement yet.

Genshin Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, guess i have some grinding to do as i've gotten her 'close' in level to Dulic and klee but can't really match Dulic output right now, which is 8lvl talents (to cheap to get 9 atm) HP/Att/Att/Pyro/CDMG and 'newish' blue print claymore (Naga something) at lvl5 which fills his Burst before i can land all 3 Elemental skills and he hits like a truck outside of reactions for 3-5k normals, 6-8k when his normals on fire.

Hu Tao for me atm
    lvl7 Talents, 28k HP, wanderer(80ele) and Galditor(18% att) artifacts being HP/att/HP/Pyro/C-DMG(not fully leveled but all around lvl 14-20) with crit rate and some crit dmg splattered across the sub stats. Thought i'd try a similar route with Diluc using the Kitan Spear(lvl5) to quickly recharge her burst but the damage while waiting for that to happen is disappointing and the cooldown on her skill is to high, which leaves me with what i have in stock(but not levelled to 90) with the Catch(lvl5 32% burst dmg), Dragonbone (lvl5 36% dmg on hydro/pyro) and the Black tassel (3star, lvl5 but 46HP% as a sub stat).

i've got Mona and Barbara for vape, or sub Ayaka/Beidou for Melt and charge.
    Last edited by Tobal; 05-12-2021, 01:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
      thanks, guess i have some grinding to do as i've gotten her 'close' in level to Dulic and klee but can't really match Dulic output right now, which is 8lvl talents (to cheap to get 9 atm) HP/Att/Att/Pyro/CDMG and 'newish' blue print claymore (Naga something) at lvl5 which fills his Burst before i can land all 3 Elemental skills and he hits like a truck outside of reactions for 3-5k normals, 6-8k when his normals on fire.

Hu Tao for me atm
      lvl7 Talents, 28k HP, wanderer(80ele) and Galditor(18% att) artifacts being HP/att/HP/Pyro/C-DMG(not fully leveled but all around lvl 14-20) with crit rate and some crit dmg splattered across the sub stats. Thought i'd try a similar route with Diluc using the Kitan Spear(lvl5) to quickly recharge her burst but the damage while waiting for that to happen is disappointing and the cooldown on her skill is to high, which leaves me with what i have in stock(but not levelled to 90) with the Catch(lvl5 32% burst dmg), Dragonbone (lvl5 36% dmg on hydro/pyro) and the Black tassel (3star, lvl5 but 46HP% as a sub stat).

i've got Mona and Barbara for vape, or sub Ayaka/Beidou for Melt and charge.
      With Hu Tao you want to use Crimson Witch it increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%. and Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%, its her best in class set. yeah ive got her triple crowned and at lvl 2 constellation, but even before that she was hitting 20k+ per hit, you kind of want to be using her charge as this is her most powerful attack pop her burst while doing this you will absolutely melt stuff even without reactions, when you add in melt or vape and it just goes crazy.

you also want to do her super while her burst is still up they stack together for some crazy damage you can easily hit a million plus with a melt or vape, id of loved a staff of Homa for her but the death match is pretty decent for her and i suppose i don't need anymore reasons to not using her.

Comment

Updates been out for week and only just got into the new world quest... was not expecting the new area to be so big and look that great with the lead in being ruins in a under water cave looking quite smallish but after running for 5 minutes and checking the map i had barely moved on it. In addition we get fire/ice types of the floaters, and they've made a regular enemy sized geovishap (probably not it's name) in water and thunder forms, and some sort of massive flying manta ray.

New character quest was alright and comes with a new boss fight (though it doesn't appear as domain yet), rolled once and got the new opera singer as DEF% shield type for thunder. I'd be more in to these shield types if they change the protection % against the opposite element instead of it's own, otherwise they are wasted slot not being able to do burst/skill damage, just provide a shield and disappear to the back line.

Also saw the chinese version costume changes... pretty bad, how could they do that to Mona's bottom, seems the west will get them as alternative costumes.

Comment

Still playing most days just to get the 60 prism points and events that give out prism, stopped doing/paying for the battlepass and log in prism, i think it'll stay that way without some updates to combat, i'm mostly just here for the exploring new areas and doing the quests and puzzles. Luckily for me the dev's have been pretty good about releases new areas/world quests almost every month, the Jan release of the large underground area under inzauma(not japan) also came with 3 months long event where it got 'dark side map' with new puzzles and rewards, and now we have Liyue(not china) get a map expansion to the west called the Chasm which then comes with a massive map underneath it full of new puzzles and quests to do.

Still impressive they can pump out event after event with at best a weeks gap between them, and some of them have long quest lines with voice acting which will be vaulted forever, the one going on now about festival inviting all sorts of characters coming to Inazuma will end up going away much like the awesome islands content, the alchemist questline in dragonspine, Enkanomiya dark side, Liyue festival quest.. madness they don't keep it up but remove the events prism rewards.

Comment

Stopped playing not long after nearly 100% chasm (96% above ground, 98% below, completing all quests out at the time and upgrading the lantern to max) which about half way through april, while the dev's kept putting out new events and new characters (i don't need) i felt it was time to stop till new content came out.

This started last month with the return of a revamped topical island event so i started up again. The event this time had different characters going on holiday and getting a themed island to explore their personality and back story, pretty decent over all but felt no where near as big or as fun as the original summer event. Also stormed through the couple of new character story quests they released which would lock me out of Sameru till done

And now we have version 3.0 released on the 2nd anniversary which is a huge new land mass called Sumeru to the east of Liyue and the 6th magic element dendro (plant/life). Sumeru seems to be mix of South Asian rivers/forests and middle east deserts, and for some reason the story (early on)seems to be pagan mythology and mediation/dreams to commune with nature to see fairies and the leylines using 'medication', i'm going to assume alot of the conflict with the archon will be about dreams.

Don't think much of the 2 new characters for dendro, both bow (urgh) which seems worse or on par with the travellers dendro moveset so i'm not spending any prisms on them, plus i really dislike Tag's voice and Coli you can get for free by doing the main quest line, which seems QOL option for doing alot of the puzzles in the forest which require a bow and dendro (i'm using Amber and Dendro traveller)

lots of new enemies, new travel abilities, chests and puzzles, looking forward to getting stuck in at the weekend to uncover 3/4's of map i've not been to yet.

Comment

my saved up 140 wishes from the last 2 1/2 months of grinding spent on trying to get the Dendro Archon was a bust, the pity roll at 90 failed 5* pulls gave me Dulic instead(not a terrible pull, as i have him levelled as decent HuTao 2nd fiddle. Ah well, i'll probably get 20 more wishes before her banner goes from events and grinding dailies, back to the traveller for my dendro killsquad.

Comment

Time for Genshin Impact check in.

Since last time, i did manage to get 30 more wishes from dailies and events before banner ended, i luckily got Nahida with the last roll of 10 pulls... and im thankful i did, makes such a difference having a Dendro character that can apply a debuff for along time and has made doing the endgame Abyss dungeon much easier. Also finished all the main story/world/character quests and all the tree fairy book and desert slab world puzzles in Sumeru before the last update hit, the first extension in the desert was massive and had load of underground caves and ruins all interconnected which was alot of fun to figure out.

Since then a Jan title update hit with what will probably be the last major expansion to Sumeru, the north desert with a huge mountain, massive tornado sand storm at the centre and huge earthquake like cracks in the ground that circle around the mountain like a spiral which go realllllly deep. So far alot of new puzzles types, couple new enemies/bosses and doing them opens up ruins previously covered in sand.

main reason for the check in was to hoot about finally getting a C1 Hu Tao and her signature weapon immediately after, from using points and wishes saved up since christmas, 60 wishes spent in all, so i was happy to not need to rely on getting 50/50 pity drop at 90 wishes, which i wouldn't have made before the banner finishes, depending on any new events being very generous, but as the chinese new year is done, quite unlikely.

Comment

Wow you got the staff of homa, they used to call it the Staff of homeless, before the weapon banner got dupe protection you had streamers hitting 80 wishes over and over and pulling endless wolfs gravestones

Last time they ran Hu Tao i added to her and got her first constellation too it removes all stamina usage from her charge attack which means you can just hold down attack and absolutely destroy enemy's shes strong but her First constellation makes her crazy strong.

Comment

Not chatted about GI in while,

3.6 and 3.7 updates have hit since i last posted.

3.6 gave us new area in the northwest of Sumeru, quite annoying to navigate if you can't remember which tunnel connect to the other side of the massive cliff walls separating everything and with no teleport points on top and only about 3 location to get up top it made treasure and puzzle hunting a chore. The new gameplay system itself was an extension of the jinni bottle in 3.5, the bottle replaced by an annoying new pet that acts abit like the flying beetle from skysward sword, the story around it all was very forgettable and all the new characters uppity in an annoying way for someone who's come to help them. I'd rate it as probably the worst expansion they've released, i've not had much to complain about until this one so it's been a very good run. At least the recent event was decent, i liked the puzzle bombing event alot and would have liked to have seen that in the main game.

3.7 just hit, main update was allowing a quick switch between 4 items, something them game badly needed, the rest was a new main story quest which i've not done yet as the new event has a long story as well and quite a few branches... so it'll be some time before i circle back around to it. The event itself is all about the card game which i quite like but the card battles take forever for me (i've barely played so don't have much in the way of strong cards, currently level 4) and i do love Yugioh references with Cyno who after the last windbloom event became a character i quite enjoy watching on screen with a personality you don't see in the main Sumeru story (as they put it, he was on the job).

As far as my own in game grinding goes, i saved through last 3 months of meh banners and spent it all on this one to get 2 cat girl pulls and 1 Miko (yay) as i need a decent electro attacker which is still a massive hole in my playset, prior to that i just levelled Dori to 90 as drop in healer that could apply electro over a duration, still need to level talents and artefacts.

Currently moved to Yanfei (c6), Nahida (c1), Kokomi (c1), Kazuha (c0) for all my AoE needs, just murders most things however my Yanfei is abit of glass cannon with only 13k HP and i've blown her up with my own Blooms to many times to count. If i need to move to single target, Hu Tao(c1) replaces Yanfei and Zhongli(c0) replaces Kazuha then depending on Dendro usefulness and type of healing i can sub in Ayaka for more attack and Bennet(c6) for healing.

Looking forward to Fontaine expansion which is around the corner now, the wee sneak peak at the end of the last live event showed underwater swimming.. i really hope they make the entire game able to that rather than just Fontaine but it is a massive ask with the amount of water sources in the game already (and then stick in some sneaky new chests).
                    Last edited by Tobal; 26-05-2023, 13:45.

Comment

The summer event has come with 3.8 update, last 2 years have been visits to the Archipelago islands which where quite different each time, a ton of events, prism's to earn from adventuring, character invites and free/paid costumes, this year is that but with a new place instead of the islands.

Did the first part of the story quest which is now set in a sumeru theme park complete with roller-coaster rides and suitable music, really enjoying the story and character interactions which isn't surprisingly as they always seem to do well when Eula and Klee are around, just a shame Cyno is around this time. The Kokomi stuff was quite funny to, not often does a game gets a chuckle from me.

2 events i've found so far have been Mario Odyssey like 3d to 2d wall puzzle (not nearly as smooth, of course) and roller coaster hit the targets course.
                      Last edited by Tobal; 05-07-2023, 21:22.

Comment

I'll have to jump back in i love the summer events they do their normally quite good fun cheers for the update

Comment

The big update is here v4.0 which brings the Italian themed country Fontaine, a county of water, steam punk tech and hardcore justice. Didn't get far into the seeing the new land and features as it railroads you into the story for a few hours, so set aside a couple of hours to watch cutscenes, once i got the option to go the Opera house i felt i had freedom to go start collecting the maps and warps.

Liked the new story introduced (starts with a good bye to Sumeru, i do love they way the game treats the passage of time) , which already has 4 strands to follow just for the main story and i like the Hydro Archon, but don't think much of the Brother/Sister combo you're introduced to.

As for new stuff i've experienced so far, Lynette is offered from the event menu screen straight away (like getting a new Amber), diving and swimming underwater but only in Fontaine's waterways, controls well, there is no air mechanic thankfully so you can take your time. Travelers hydro moveset is quite interesting in having option to trade HP for damage a little like Hu Tao. And they have replaced the team selection screen to something quite slick along with a quick select menu for when you're done with the new animations.

Looking forward to getting stuck in, very few games do adventuring/puzzles and world quests as well Genshin.

Comment

Watched 4.2 details steam (mainly to get those 300 prisms), Furina and Charlotte on the same banner... Yes Man, been saving prisms and stars since 3.9, even skipped the repeat of Hu Tao (no point past C1)... 40k in points and 46 stars waiting. I can finally get an ice mage after skipping Worseley this patch (ice mage who punches).

new stuff coming for 4.2 next week, new area with new puzzles, chests and quests, the mushrooms RTS becomes permanent fixture, tons of events up to Christmas including something that looks like Pipemania

4.1 was pretty meh, the prison questline just went on forever, but the main story was decent and we had event after event for prisms. Close to getting level 8 rep to get the treasure compass.

Comment

After best part of 300 wishes burned through... a 50/50 loss got me Dehya to start... then managed to get Furina twice to C1 and her weapon. Ended up easily maxing out Charlotte to c6 as well which is good as i needed a ice mage after skipping Wriothesley, not levelled her up enough yet to see if there is damage potential on the level of something like Yanfei c6 which is fire mage with insane force crits with double critical damage.

After levelling Furina up and having enough mega boss items to crown her R2 ability, her mixed with Hu Tao and Nads just deletes stuff at the cost of alot of burnt through HP trading so it's bit risky. Getting that Dehya helped make a proper exploration team, Rosa/Dehya for day and night speed move boost, Kazuha for stamina reduction and his air jump, and finally Fauzan for 2nd wind user for more stamina reduce/speed and her bow help with aiming puzzles.

Finished the main story for Fontaine now, alot of info dumps at the end over how Fontaine and Furina ended up as they did, more on the old dragons, the Heavenly Principals and the 4 descenders and where the traveller will be going next. Game engine wasn't quite up to showing the prophecy, abit like how MMO's don't really show the scale they intend to when lots of character/crowds are involved for world ending threats.

Comment

Working...
                              X