Collector's Quest - French YT series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collector's Quest - French YT series

Collector's Quest is a gaming focused show that's produced by some French enthusiasts, that in previous seasons has highlighted European collectors and collections. However, a recent third season saw them raise funding to go shine a spotlight on some Japanese collectors, and while episodes have been uploaded over time, they're now starting to get English subtitles added to them, making them far more accessible to us uncultured swine. That said, language is not really necessary to convey just how some of the footage captured is quite frankly, bonkers. This first episode showcases part of Fujita's collection.

It's well-produced and interesting, but there's also a bit of a dark cloud hanging over these first couple of episodes that I've watched too. This is hobbyist behaviour taken to a level I doubt anyone would endorse or encourage, and while I'm not looking to throw any stones, I'm hoping that this is as extreme as it gets, and that some of the later episodes are a bit easier going...

Sounds right up my alley, I'll give it a watch after work.

Comment

I'm all for having a stupidly large collection, but if it's the video I just watched (link here doesn't work) then that fella needs some help.

Edit: Or is that the point of this series? Highlighting people who have taken it to an extreme?
      Last edited by phillv85; 29-09-2020, 10:47.

Comment

Jeez-oh, that’s not collecting, that’s serious mental issues. Nobody should live like that.

Comment

Damn I can’t see the video it errors when I click, wanted to see where on the scale of unhealthy collecting I lie

Comment

I think it's this series? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0opiv7prsbYblk

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Damn I can’t see the video it errors when I click, wanted to see where on the scale of unhealthy collecting I lie
              If you don’t have Famicom cartridges on the floor of your hallway you’re doing better than this guy! (Or worse if your life goal is to fill every inch of your home with stuff)

Comment

Does having a n64 collection in the cupboard above the kitchen pantry count? Lol. Mines pretty much contained in my room but seems I’m doing it wrong I need to spread out and start expanding just think of how many shelves I could put up

Comment

Haha I'm the same, it's all contained in one very busy room (except my PS4 which doubles as a DVD/Blu-Ray player in the lounge).

The guy in the first video is literally at risk of being crushed to death by video games in the event of an earthquake. Sure that could happen to me in my game room, but that guy doesn't have a safe spot in either of his apartments!

The series gets a little less crazy as you watch it though. I'm up to episode 10. There's some wonderfully curated collections in there, and some truly wacky ones as well (such as the "not for sale" collector). Thanks OP for highlighting this series, it's a wonderful look at some hardcore collectors.

Comment

I'm up to date with what's available on YT now too, and I'd agree that some of the other collections, while still ridiculous, are a bit less all-intrusive on the owners' wellbeing. That's a relief. I really liked the hibaihin collection (and I've got that guy's book!), and the enthusiasm shown by some of the others is really nice too.

Comment

Watched the first few episodes and holy **** at at first guy. Makes me want to have a spring clean!

Comment

This latest one is incredible - that's a lot of PCBs!

Comment

I've been watching along week-by-week, and the last episode went up yesterday. It features a stunning PC Engine collection, which I know folks here would get a kick out of!

All in all, I really enjoyed this. It's a shame they ran this in chronological order parallel to their visits, as their first stop was with the collector with the most problematic stance on collecting. Following that there's some really humble, level-headed, folks... who just so happen to own totally insane video game collections.

Comment

Unsurprisingly I enjoyed seeing that PC-Engine collection very much!

Comment

Working...
                            X