PS5 buyers - are you selling your PS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS5 buyers - are you selling your PS4?

I made a lazy assumption that the 5 will give me access to most of my 4 content, whether I bought it through the store or own the disc ... but I'm basing that on nothing concrete, just hope

What's the official score on that?

Are you keeping your PS4 for now or selling it prior to getting a 5?

Gonna keep it. As like you say, not even Sony is sure how far and wide the compatibility covers. Personally, I think everything should work. Sony won't commit past the quoted 99% until they have internal (QA) assurance to which titles are covered.

If everything looks sweet with PS4 support, I will probably give my PS4 to my daughter.

Comment

I'm torn. Might set it up in another downstairs room along with the VR ... but my worry is how long a Pro will last ... it always felt like a fragile console.

Comment

Not selling, but I am relegating it out of my main setup in the similarly optimistic expectation that the PS5 will be able to handle all of the PS4 library. I'm sure there have been quotes from Sonyfolk saying "99% of games will work" and the like, but knowing my luck I'm sure I'll be able to find every one of those 1%.

Comment

I'll probably hang onto my launch machine. Firstly because it's stupidly loud and both pads have issues with peeling rubber and knackered L3 buttons, so I don't feel like I could ask for much in a private sale. And secondly because I can't trade it to CEX because I once took the casing off to clean dust out, and apparently they don't accept machines with 'Warranty void if removed' stickers missing.

I'll just box it back up I guess. To be honest I've hardly used it in the last couple of years as I preferred my Bone. I do have a fair number of games for it but hopefully they should all work on the 5.

Comment

Nope. Not my TLOU2 Pro I'm not.

Comment

I'm not getting a PS5 at launch but when I do get one I won't be selling my PS4 Pro. I've still got all my consoles.

Comment

Mine still has PT on it so no way I'm selling!

Comment

Until we know for sure how PS5 plays PS4 games and what percentage of them, then no.

Comment

Well, the time just felt right to punt the Pro into CEX today. So I'm locked into my PS5 pre-order now ... no more hovering over that cancel button.

Comment

EDIT: Realised I already answered this thread. Early onset dementia clearly.

Comment

I'll be buying loads of PS4 systems and games cheap locally as people sell them for peanuts and holding on to them for a bit to make some nice profit.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                          I'll be buying loads of PS4 systems and games cheap locally as people sell them for peanuts and holding on to them for a bit to make some nice profit.
                          Judging by eBay, the answer to this question for most people is "selling".

Comment

Not likely to buy a PS5 at launch (I think - might change my mind on that if I can snag a late pre-order!), but as/when I do, I'll likely just put my PS4 PRO back in its box, as I have done with other recent consoles that I have decommissioned.

Comment

Yep. Best to sell them much later on when they become valuable again

Comment

Working...
                              X