No announcement yet.

Hades [PC/NSW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up to last boss second stage 3 times now but my boon luck is absolutely killing my runs for me, im getting completely non synergistic boons ever run now, very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      I just got this off the Epic game store using the £10 voucher they were handing out recently so it cost me £8.99.

Bit good isn't it! I love Dead Cells so this feels really great.
      Picked this up the other day after this reminder, £9, cheers

Had a go on it last night and it's so slick! They have nailed all the roguelike stuff that I prefer, and the amount of things to upgrade and work torwards are insane. Different perks to chose from each run and different weapons to use make it fun to play each run. Stayed up pretty late 'cause of the whole "one more run" thing

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Picked this up the other day after this reminder, £9, cheers

Had a go on it last night and it's so slick! They have nailed all the roguelike stuff that I prefer, and the amount of things to upgrade and work torwards are insane. Different perks to chose from each run and different weapons to use make it fun to play each run. Stayed up pretty late 'cause of the whole "one more run" thing
        Bargain of the month mate!

Comment

Yeah, for a tenner this is bargain of the year

I've put it down for now after getting the credits roll, but I can definitely see me going back to it soon. So much still to do, and the game that's underneath all of the great big soap opera is so much fun

Comment

Aaaaaaand done, sooooo satisfying finally beating the last boss without switching god/easy mode on.

Ended up beating him with Exogryph in the end after failing time and time again with the Shield. I beat him with only 20% health taken and all last chances intact, very pleased with that.
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-11-2020, 09:08.

Comment

This is £17.99 on Switch until next week.

Comment

Stunning game, this. Only got as far as the 2nd boss, but it really takes the ball-ache out of Roguelikes with its generous unlocks and stellar narrative. Combat is very similar to Transistor, which was already perfect. I love the classic Supergiant touches, like the responsive narrative and the sarky interplay from the protagonist. So cool.

Comment

I picked this up in the Switch sale yesterday and I love it already. It's up there with anything I've played all year ... just ticks so many boxes.

I'd urge anyone to give it a go while it's on special offer.

Comment

Has a really strong 'one-more-go' vibe. Really enjoying it so far. The combat is perfect.

Comment

Restarted with a new save after a very long detour through Breath of the Wild and Last of Us 2 , and - after the enjoyable but very slow burn of those games - the sheer immediacy of Hades grabbed me all over again. Got to the final boss for the first time on my 22nd run, and lost. Just so much style and sassiness in a game. And the variety of weapons and boon-combos makes it feel fresh with every run. I enjoyed the gameplay of Dead Cells a lot but even that got a bit irritating with its restarts, and I'm not feeling this with Hades. Don't know why, but maybe it's the drip-feed of narrative and the cool, customisable home 'base' between runs.

Comment

Well, my optimism at beating the main boss after getting to him on 22nd run proved a teensy bit optimistic. It took another 22 runs to finally best him on run 44 with an overall playtime of approximately the same amount of hours (quite a lot of time spent enjoyably mooching in my underworld home between runs). I had been experimenting with more power-based builds and close-range weapons (Poseidon/Zeus), then a more status-effect build with long-range weapons (Ares, Dionysus, Aphrodite). This pretty consistently allowed me to get main boss down to his death throes before I got wiped. But in the successful run with the shield weapon the RNG gifted me some early boons from Athena - whom I had previously disparaged - which led me to focus on a deflection/defence tank build and that squeaked me through. This wasn't a stellar run up to that point and I only had one death-defiance (i.e. life) in the bank when I entered the boss chamber, so I thought I was done for. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute with this game so far. I really love how Supergiant have made it so you can skew the RNG quite effectively to open up the build-pathway you want, which still retaining a good amount of chance and surprise. It really takes the grinding, random misery out of the Roguelike/lite genre. Anyway, as soon as I got through I started another run to explore the new customization parameters that then opened up. Got to bed about 2. a.m. Happy but screwy-eyed . Screengrabs below of build from my first successful run.

Last edited by Golgo; 26-02-2021, 11:53.

Comment

Saw the end credits last night on run #69. Was pleased to complete runs with all weapons. A truly great game, methinks. I did find the domestic drama increasingly wearisome, though, especially when

Persephone entered the fray. Found her a pretty weak and unsympathetic character. And Zagreus' whinings about wanting his family back together got more and more childish and spoilt-sounding.

Also, the rate of unlocks for some things feels off. With only one conversation option per NPC per run (if you're lucky) it takes an age to advance the relationships and get the benefits, so for example I still only have one out of six 'trinkets' (basically, companion assists) unlocked after 69 runs and 10 completions. Maybe I was doing it wrong, I don't know...anyway, lots of incentive to keep playing including some juicy new weapons variants pinched from non-Greek mythologies.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 09-03-2021, 17:50.

Comment

I found myself in the same boat as you, I unlocked 2 of the companions by the time I'd done 10 runs and I was finished with the game. I think I got about 30 hours of content out of it and I imagine it's closer to 100 to 'do everything'. The idea of a roguelike/ lite is just not my cup of tea but I was talked into giving it a go and one of my favourite games of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
                              I found myself in the same boat as you, I unlocked 2 of the companions by the time I'd done 10 runs and I was finished with the game. I think I got about 30 hours of content out of it and I imagine it's closer to 100 to 'do everything'. The idea of a roguelike/ lite is just not my cup of tea but I was talked into giving it a go and one of my favourite games of last year.
                              I've now got 2 unlocked, 4 to go. Yeah I think I'm done with it now. Did a few more runs but the conversations advance so ludicrously slowly and randomly that it would require serious grinding. I like it that that is there for those who enjoy it, but the challenge to get to the 'standard' full ending completion has already provided great enjoyment and value from my point of view.

Comment

Started this yesterday after picking up the physical version for a pony. I like the art style, the music is brilliant and the gameplay (from the hour or two I played) seems decent. I like it. Any tips for a beginner?

Comment

Working...
                                X