User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hades [PC/NSW]

I'd spent all of my titan blood, mostly on Chiron's bow, fancying that as my best shot at a clear. Particularly if you get the hammer upgrade to add extra arrows to your special, it seems pretty lethal. That said, I've still not quite made it over the line.

Then, last run of the night, I took the rail given it was +20% on dark matter, and wasn't feeling particularly optimistic about my build, but then the upgrade that allows you to self-harm with the special, but adds 300% damage happened. Stacked some other bits on special, and it turns out that it only does 4hp to yourself if you do get caught in it, but when it's able to hit for 500+, dashing about and just dropping bombs becomes a pretty viable strategy. My first clear, and with a stack of death defiance to spare!

This is clearly not the end, and there's a whole host of reasons to go back again (aside from being totally engrossed).

Squeezed in another couple of runs last night, because who needs sleep.

One thing I will say is that if you're struggling for the scarcer resources (particularly: titan blood), you have a very good way to start getting some more of this after your first completion.

Got two new weapon clears last night, the builds were particularly interesting;

Shield - soon as I got the hammer ability to make the special bounce off 4 more enemies, it was all in on that. Stack up doom on special, increased damage but delay on doom, other power %s on special... enter any room, dash to a safe spot, then just keep launching the special, and watch it just clear encounters like nothing.

Sword - had been stacking up chain lightning skills (more bounces + jolt damage) and increased attack speed, when a hammer ability came up that reduced health by 60% but restored 2 life on every hit. Tank-est skill ever; bunch up some enemies near each other, and even if they break free of hitstun, you can just stand there right next to them hold attack to power through.

Thanatos' keepsake (+2% damage for every room cleared without damage) is now my go-to for at least the first 2 worlds in every run now.

I just got this off the Epic game store using the 10 voucher they were handing out recently so it cost me 8.99.

Bit good isn't it! I love Dead Cells so this feels really great.

For the first time, I've got a win streak going! Also got clears with each weapon type, which was what I was originally shooting for. Very pleased, but still need to put in a bit more work for the proper ending, it seems...

Got up to last boss second stage 3 times now but my boon luck is absolutely killing my runs for me, im getting completely non synergistic boons ever run now, very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nonny View Post
    I just got this off the Epic game store using the 10 voucher they were handing out recently so it cost me 8.99.

Bit good isn't it! I love Dead Cells so this feels really great.
    Picked this up the other day after this reminder, 9, cheers

Had a go on it last night and it's so slick! They have nailed all the roguelike stuff that I prefer, and the amount of things to upgrade and work torwards are insane. Different perks to chose from each run and different weapons to use make it fun to play each run. Stayed up pretty late 'cause of the whole "one more run" thing

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Picked this up the other day after this reminder, 9, cheers

Had a go on it last night and it's so slick! They have nailed all the roguelike stuff that I prefer, and the amount of things to upgrade and work torwards are insane. Different perks to chose from each run and different weapons to use make it fun to play each run. Stayed up pretty late 'cause of the whole "one more run" thing
    Bargain of the month mate!

Yeah, for a tenner this is bargain of the year

I've put it down for now after getting the credits roll, but I can definitely see me going back to it soon. So much still to do, and the game that's underneath all of the great big soap opera is so much fun

Aaaaaaand done, sooooo satisfying finally beating the last boss without switching god/easy mode on.

Ended up beating him with Exogryph in the end after failing time and time again with the Shield. I beat him with only 20% health taken and all last chances intact, very pleased with that.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-11-2020 at 09:08 AM.