No announcement yet.

Hades [PC/NSW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very late to this party, just picked up a physical copy on the switch. One thing that jumps out so far is that the “cast” really doesn’t do much? I did get a boon once which turned it into a spinning disc which did a ton of damage, but other than that I haven’t really seen any real use to it. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
      Very late to this party, just picked up a physical copy on the switch. One thing that jumps out so far is that the “cast” really doesn’t do much? I did get a boon once which turned it into a spinning disc which did a ton of damage, but other than that I haven’t really seen any real use to it. Am I missing something?

Depending on which (and which level) boons you combine it with, cast can cause absolute carnage. You can cause extra damage to enemies in which you've lodged your cast, so you can load up tough enemies that way. Also, you can configure it to do different kinds of damage and area effects when it leave enemies. It can be a slow-moving spinning disk with Ares' 'doom' effect, or similar from Athena with deflect. Dionysus's variant poisons enemies with booze. For Artemis, cast is a homing arrow, which when powered up is extremely useful. Also, it's worth leveling up the mirror with darkness so you can get three casts. It's well worth playing around with as it has a lot of benefits and versatility.
      Last edited by Golgo; 08-05-2021, 16:55.

Comment

Being a console player I've cought this train late, but here are my thoughts...

One of the best things about Dark Souls 3 is how fantastically well balanced it is. There is no weapon and no build that can't kick ass in the right hands. Hades has the same. Sure there are boons that stand out, but you can play with any weapon and boon combo and if you lean into it, you can kick ass.
        It's been a very well thought out game that doesn't punish you for dieing, but instead actively rewards experimentation. As much as the character is getting better, I as a player am learning from each run.

Combat has a nice stank to it and make it very satisfying when you kick a lot of ass.

Overall its almost as perfect a game as you can make.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Being a console player I've cought this train late, but here are my thoughts...

One of the best things about Dark Souls 3 is how fantastically well balanced it is. There is no weapon and no build that can't kick ass in the right hands. Hades has the same. Sure there are boons that stand out, but you can play with any weapon and boon combo and if you lean into it, you can kick ass.
          It's been a very well thought out game that doesn't punish you for dieing, but instead actively rewards experimentation. As much as the character is getting better, I as a player am learning from each run.

Combat has a nice stank to it and make it very satisfying when you kick a lot of ass.

Overall its almost as perfect a game as you can make.
          Yeah, also being a console gamer exclusively, I’ve been waiting for this to drop physically and it popped through my post box yesterday. So I am looking to check this out this weekend. All the reviews have been positive, and also being a dark souls fan, I have a feeling this game will be a lot of fun.

Comment

Is there some kind of in joke I missed? You guys realise the Switch is a console, right?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Is there some kind of in joke I missed? You guys realise the Switch is a console, right?
              I know. I realised it when I clicked post. I own a switch too... Could have been playing this ages ago.

I get the feeling I'm playing this game all wrong though. I'm probably not very good at it, but it's like I'm missing something. I'll have to watch some gameplay vids.

Comment

There was a good guide by Eurogamer if you're looking for some starter tips...

Comment

Digital Switch.
                  Physical Switch.
                  Physical PS5.

Think SuperGiant have had enough of my money now 😁

Comment

I would grab the switch version but christ it's expensive... included on game pass and £8 on PC... it's £22.50 on switch.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      I would grab the switch version but christ it's expensive... included on game pass and £8 on PC... it's £22.50 on switch.
                      Got my Switch physical copy for £20 from ShopTo.

That's pretty cheap by limited-print Switch physical indie standards.

I now see copies of it going for £40+!

Comment

Nice. I'd pay that for a physical copy... I haven't had a switch for the past year so I've only gone to look at pricing now and it's pretty shocking.

Luckily it plays really nicely via xbox cloud streaming on my tablet and it even has touch controls if you're stuck without a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Switch version is £25? Thats not expensive.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-08-2021, 11:11.

Comment

It is when I already own it twice... I'm just being a cheap bstard

Comment

Think you’ll find you own it once 😉. Stop being cheap and buy a physical version help the devs out.

Comment

Ok I own the rights to play it... Happy?

It's my lucky day today, I finally got access to my old UK switch account to not only regain access to the 40+ digital titles in my library but also find out I had enough gold points or whatever they're called to shave £15 off this digitally... So I've grabbed it for I've a tenner.

Comment

Working...
                                X