Remote desktop progra for Win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote desktop progra for Win10

I'm probably doing the biggest of mistakes: buying a new PC for my parents and assuming IT responsability for it.
    So I was wondering what's the best option for remote control: TemViewer? VNC? Good ol' Windows Remote Desktop?
    Something that doesn't require configure port forwarding on the target machine is preferred.

Sending the [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Signal into the night sky!

Comment

Teamviewer.

Although after a while you may have to send them a signed form stating you are not using it commercially

Comment

I use it on my Dad's machine

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Sending the @QualityChimp Signal into the night sky!
          Thanks man!

Yeah, another tick for TeamViewer here.
          We've upgraded our licence at work because it's been such a good product.
          I don't think I've had it fail on me yet.

I've connected into PCs around the world using it from Australia to Russia.
          I installed some software yesterday on a computer in France!

Three caveats:
          1. You need to have the same version as each other.
          2. There is a time-out on the free version.
          3. Some ISPs don't allow it (TalkTalk) because it can be abused by scammers.

Another good product is GoToMyPC.
          I've set this up for remote access, which has been useful for users wanting to use a device on-site.
          The Australian user runs the database quicker with a virtual PC here and during lockdown, people could use their home computers to connect into their work one and use the software installed on it.

I tried setting up a Google one for my Mom, but it was a faff and didn't seem to work fluidly, which made me appreciate the ease of the two products above.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I bet some of the trojans those people use have better functionality than official apps.

Comment

We use Teamviewer at work, have a corporate licence for it. And TalkTalk blocking it explains why it never worked at my folks.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I just use Chrome. It has that remote desktop plug-in and Apps on Android/iOS.

Comment

Working...
                X