Clear All

Retro Rumble: Round 13

Chase HQ
    Devil Crash
    Forgotten Worlds
    Ghouls 'n Ghosts
    Marble Madness
    Pac-Mania

Six random retro games face off against each other to see which ones are the most popular.

Choose 3 that you like the most.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-10-2020, 02:13.

Apart from the obv (G&G), only other two of those that have PROPAH touched me are DEVIL CRASH and the MD FORGOTTEN WORLDS.

Nah, serious, it really is one of the funnest, most playable shooters on MD. Nobody takes it seriously cos it's missing stuff but I played this so much I can vouch for it, it's such a fucn brill game.

Comment

GHOULS N' GHOSTS goes without even saying. Top tier game. Truly is.

Find MD version to be funner than other versions. Really can't deny how megaton this and STRIDER did back in about 1991ish!

Comment

Oh, sod, no poll?

Anyhoo, here's my votes:

1: GHOULS N' GHOSTS
        2: DEVIL CRASH
        3. FORGOTTEN WORLDS (MD)

Comment

ALL MD, btw!!!!!!

Comment

PAC-MANIA, too, deffo as Silver Medal material.

Suuuuuch funky music and a pumpin' positive vibe!!!

Comment

MD FW is all killer, no filler.

Comment

1) Ghost N Ghouls Love this game and the MD version is the best out of the lot.

2) Chase HQ One of the best and most fun Arcade racers ever made. The Spectrum 128k port was something else too, amazing coding

3) Devil Crush One of the first and still the best. Loved the Art direction to this game

Comment

Devil Crash
                  Ghouls 'n Ghosts
                  Marble Madness

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    and the MD FORGOTTEN WORLDS.
                    I have vague memories of it being quite a big thing on the import scene, but seeing it doesn't get talked about in the retro community, maybe I'm wrong?

I really like the excellent PCE CD port, which looks nice and has all the levels.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    PAC-MANIA, too, deffo as Silver Medal material.

Suuuuuch funky music and a pumpin' positive vibe!!!
                    Yeah, such a charming game that puts a smile on your face. I remember really enjoying the Amiga version back in the day.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Ghost N Ghouls Love this game and the MD version is the best out of the lot.
                    Yeah, such a classic MD game. A million times better than the terrible Amiga port.

Chase HQ One of the best and most fun Arcade racers ever made. The Spectrum 128k port was something else too, amazing coding
                    It still looks good, plays smoothly, and is fun to play through.

I was disappointed with how puny and bland the Amiga port was. At least Amstrad & Spectrum owners got really good ports that surprised people.

Devil Crush One of the first and still the best. Loved the Art direction to this game
                    I think it was the first pinball game to really impress me. It's really well crafted in all areas, so I'll always go back to it. The vibe of the game is so enticing.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-10-2020, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Yeah, such a classic MD game. A million times better than the terrible Amiga port.
                      Never played the Amiga version. I read the reviews of the MD in Sega Power and begged my family to buy it for me, my lovely Auntie bought it for me on its UK launch on a very wet, November Welsh day

I spent the whole night playing the game and even having a row off mum to turn the MD off, becasue I was playing Ghost N Ghouls gone past 2:AM

One of the most playable games ever made.

I think it was the first pinball game to really impress me. It's really well crafted in all areas, so I'll always go back to it. The vibe of the game is so enticing.
                      Same for me though I also loved the Pinball Dreams series on the Amiga. I loved how in Devil Crush the developers used the console to make what was not possible on a physical pinball machine and just went to town, The demonic art style was inspired too

Comment

Ghouls n Ghosts I spent a lot on but dislike the game. The graphics are great but I never liked the feeling of the controls and the responsiveness. It's universally loved but I'd rather just see the screenshots.

Comment

Never played the Amiga version.
                          It's a weak ST port. The only interesting point is Tim Follin composed original music for the game. I just wish it had been an authentic port that took full advantage of the Amiga.

I spent the whole night playing the game and even having a row off mum to turn the MD off, becasue I was playing Ghost N Ghouls gone past 2:AM
                          My mum did that when I was obsessed with Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. The loud repetitive sound effects really wound her up.

Same for me though I also loved the Pinball Dreams series on the Amiga. I loved how in Devil Crush the developers used the console to make what was not possible on a physical pinball machine and just went to town, The demonic art style was inspired too
                          Yeah, Pinball Dreams & Fantasies were also really good. But Devil Crash is something extra special. As you say -- the demonic graphic design was brilliantly realised. It really stands up well in all areas.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          . It's universally loved but I'd rather just see the screenshots.
                          I loved looking at the screenshots in all the magazines... I still really appreciate how nice it looks.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 08-10-2020, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            It's a weak ST port. The only interesting point is Tim Follin composed original music for the game. I just wish it had been an authentic port that took full advantage of the Amiga.
                            I see

My mum did that when I was obsessed with Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. The loud repetitive sound effects really wound her up
                            . I just remember it well as the weather was terrible the day the game came out and it was also a very expensive game costing over £5 more than the standard Mega Drive game, but thankfully my Auntie gave me the money as I promised to wash her windows and take the rubbish out.
                            So why the rain was lashing down and the wind was so strong the trees were bending, I didn't care and spent most of the evening and night playing Ghost N Ghouls

I like the Mega Drive version over that of the Arcade, it controls better and I like the MD music more

Comment

So why the rain was lashing down and the wind was so strong the trees were bending, I didn't care and spent most of the evening and night playing Ghost N Ghouls
                              I walked 4 miles through a storm with hailstones raining down on me to get a step down converter for my import 3DO. But it was worth it to play Crash 'n Burn, Madden Football, and Total Eclipse. I have great memories of Crash 'n Burn being truly amazing at the time.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-10-2020, 22:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X