SNES CRT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
    Get a Phillips Monitor and a connecting lead and stretch them away plus it gives an authentic CRT coin op scan-line look.
    That did wonders for all the Amiga games that suffered from borders. Would also be useful for some SNES games. I guess some monitors might have had a digitial stretch image option? It was a useful feature back then.

Comment

It's like having your service menu adjustments but on resistance potentiometers instead of (I assume) a digital controller. My Sony MSX monitor can adjust vertical height and also horizontal centering on the dials on the side along with contrast, volume etc.

Of all the solutions I've tried, the look from these older monitors wins out for me. Had a Commodore 1081 previously and that looked stunning too.

Comment

Word, as much as I dig my Barco pro monitor, the clarity and ease of use from my Philips cm8833-II really is the donner kebab.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Word, as much as I dig my Barco pro monitor, the clarity and ease of use from my Philips cm8833-II really is the donner kebab.

I have heard good things about those Philips crt monitors - had a few chances to pick one up, Anyone have a comparison with a 600 TVL pvm?

Comment

Working...
          X