Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darius Extra Version MD Release by Columbus Circle (Feb 2021 - Preorders Open!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darius Extra Version MD Release by Columbus Circle (Feb 2021 - Preorders Open!)

Stop the press! It's Hirst with another hot scoop!

Not too long after the release of Mad Stalker: Full Metal Forth, we've now got this...

The blockbuster shooting "Darius" is now available as a cassette for MD / MD compatible machines! In addition to the arcade faithful porting mode and boss rush mode, a new mode "EXTRA VERSION" is installed!
    -A new mode "EXTRA VERSION" has been added, and that "Darius" is now available as a cassette for MD / MD compatible machines!

This product is a game cassette that can be enjoyed on 16-bit game machines (MD / MD compatible machines).
    "Darius Extra Version (for MD / MD compatible machines)" is a port of the side-scrolling shooting game that appeared in the arcade in 1986 and became a big hit.
    In addition to the "faithful porting mode" that condenses the power of the three screens of the arcade game into one screen and pays close attention to details, it is also equipped with the "boss rush mode" in which all 26 giant battleships appear, and this work Then, you can select 3 modes, "OLD", "NEW", and "EXTRA", and you can enjoy the 1-screen ported version of each arcade version. Of course, "EXTRA" is also equipped with a continue function!
    And the game has been readjusted to match the new mode, the PROCO (NORMAL) mode remains the same, the TIAT (EASY) mode has become easier, and the rapid fire function can be set more finely! In this work, the game sound is even more powerful! Enjoy the powerful ZUNTATA sound on a 16-bit game console equipped with an FM sound source!
    Please look forward to the game cassette version "Darius" that can be enjoyed on 16-bit game consoles for shooting game fans.

https://www.columbuscircle.co.jp/products/?id=1601878370-287145&p=2&ca=49
    Pre-Order Link (Limited Edition with Smartphone Wallpaper) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08KYH146W
    Pre-Order Link (Normal): https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08KYJJTRG

I've pre-ordered and it's gone through so that's a nice thing to look forward to next year. Get it before the scalpers presumably do. I like Darius but I don't have an MD Mini and it'll be fun to play it on the real thing.
    Last edited by Hirst; 13-10-2020, 11:46.

Regular one's gone already, dang! I've a mini MD but I'm far more likely to have the Mega SG on.

Columbus Circle are doing alright off the MD lately, I'm sure they'll be looking for more to publish too.

Comment

If it's the same as they were doing with Full Metal Forth, both editions are the same price. It's just that Limited Edition has a link to some wallpaper. I think the LE version is the only one you can get at first and then the normal one appears a few weeks after.

Comment

Related: Darius Cozmic Revelation is due to come out on Switch/PS4 in Feb, and it seems that as a Prime Day exclusive in Japan, this Megadrive Extra version will come included as a DLC code for people who preorder today?

One big issue I'm noticing is that shipping even on the standard edition is currently being estimated at roughly 20,000 yen. I've been brave and ordered regardless, but if this doesn't get moved to a more sensible figure before February I'll have to cancel. Worth getting on it today if you're interested though!

Comment

Nice one. Tried to order the MD game but it's sold out. Got a notification this morning too saying it was in stock but yep, that was sold out as well. So,, ordered the PS4 game above instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Nice one. Tried to order the MD game but it's sold out. Got a notification this morning too saying it was in stock but yep, that was sold out as well. So,, ordered the PS4 game above instead.
            I had a quick poke around and it's still available for pre-order at Beep Shop (who seem to be close with Columbus Circle) at the standard price if you fancy it: https://www.beep-shop.com/ec/products/detail/5587

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              I had a quick poke around and it's still available for pre-order at Beep Shop (who seem to be close with Columbus Circle) at the standard price if you fancy it: https://www.beep-shop.com/ec/products/detail/5587
              Cheers! I'd like to get it from Amazon though, got about 20,000 in credit

Comment

Someone on Shmups posted the following (link)
                I talked to an Amazon JP CS rep yesterday and was told the stupid expensive shipping price is a placeholder for when they don't have product information from the supplier.
                This makes sense to me, so hopefully it'll come down and I won't then forget about cancelling and get fisted.

Comment

I'll give you a shout nearer the time, if I remember - I've pre- ordered it too.

Comment

Bollocks.

Comment

Yup, I completely forgot too.

Comment

I got this today. The Switch collector edition with the MD pack. It is expensive for what it is, but this tat always is.

Comment

In an ideal world, I'd have had the MD version of Extra, Cozmic Revelation, and the Cotton reboot all come nicely in a single order with combined shipping charges. Instead, I've paid for three lots of shipping, have got three tracking numbers, and one of them on its own has cost me the best part of £200 with the assurance from customer support that I'll get some vague amount refunded after the event.

Comment

It will be worth it for those CDs of game music and the Cotton tea cup.

Comment

My standalone MD game has shipped today.

Comment

Working...
                              X