Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony hates you all - removes Wishlist from PSN, restricts shop website to current gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No screen shots or gameplay videos either, it's pretty bad now :S

Comment

Comment

As someone who got a PS4 cheap recently, this has turned out to be much more of a pain than I realised.

What I would've loved to do, now, would be to crawl through PSN, and wishlist all of the titles that I was interested in over the machine's life, to see when they go on sale, as they almost certainly will do after the PS5 launches. Like for instance, Dragonball FighterZ's base edition is still £50 on the store, but I know it goes as low as £7.99 in sales.

Obviously it makes you wonder if Sony have done the maths on this. Like... Think of the scenario. You open the store, you see a game, and it's on sale. With a wishlist, you kinda have an immediate knee-jerk reaction of "filing that away" so you can view it later at your leisure. Maybe they've found that if an offer can't be so easily "filed away", players are more likely to make a snap purchase because they think they'll forget about it?

Right now, the store's a mess. Like, it functions, but there are only really two shopping behaviours supported - (1) you go onto the site, use the search and find a specific thing you're looking for, or (2) you browse the store, but there are no listing or sorting functions, so you're basically browsing what Sony want to put in front of your eyeballs first and foremost.

I was hoping to get a list of all PS4 games £8, because I was interested to see if any of the quirky older titles I missed out on were dirt-cheap. Can't do it.

But consider that I did buy A Way Out, as that's one I knew was definitely in this category, and it's currently £8.49.

Comment

I thought they'd added wish lists back in? At least on the consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            I thought they'd added wish lists back in? At least on the consoles.
            Admittedly I'm just navigating the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Admittedly I'm just navigating the website.
              Oh the website is a damn mess

Comment

used the store via console just recently and it's how it used to be, still as hard to get in though it's 50/50 wether it;s gonna load or time out.

Comment

At least the keyboard has been sorted on the store and you can use the ds4 motion to select letters now for quicker typing, rather than the dpad or that god awful thing they had before going up and down the letter wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    At least the keyboard has been sorted on the store and you can use the ds4 motion to select letters now for quicker typing, rather than the dpad or that god awful thing they had before going up and down the letter wheel.
                    You just made me realise that you can voice search on the PS5.
                    'playstation, find me Dark souls 3'
                    Results for Paul Blart mall cop

Comment

Any recommended apps or sites which monitor for sales? Just remembered this as psprices sent me notification recently. Anybody using anything better?

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                        Any recommended apps or sites which monitor for sales? Just remembered this as psprices sent me notification recently. Anybody using anything better?
                        Subscribe and receive instant notifications when game in your watchlist becomes cheaper. Best price guaranteed! Try today - it's FREE!

I saw on that site that Korix was reduced (PSVR tower defence game) to £1.59.

Tying in with the thread, I couldn't remember the game name, so wanted to search my browser history to find the site where I'd seen it reduced.
                        Went to the PS store and hit "my games" only for it to error out "Uh-oh, something went wrong!".
                        Just refreshed and it's now just thoughtfully spinning.

In the end, I had to go to my account and look at the my account history to find the game name.

They really do need to tidy the shop up, pronto!

I've bookmarked PS Deals, though!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          https://psdeals.net/gb-storeI've bookmarked PS Deals, though!
                          Hmmm, how does that place compare to PSPrices? I literally just signed up to PRPrices due to all this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Hmmm, how does that place compare to PSPrices? I literally just signed up to PRPrices due to all this crap.
                            I don't know and their site doesn't say.
                            It's not 100% infallible, but it's a nice site to pop onto if you're after a specific game or to browse bargains you might not have been looking for.

The fact you can search by the following criteria also puts it above the current PS store:
                            Newest discounts, Release date, Price, Discount Amount, Rating, Title, Metascore

The "Price History" section is also useful, because you can see if a game has ever been cheaper or if it regularly dips in price if it's currently not on sale.

Comment

The 'legacy' version of the store can still be accessed. Here's a link to the US store, I'll post here if I can find one to the UK store.

Edit: I found a thread on Reddit with links to other regions' webstores but it seems as those are no longer working.
                              Last edited by Deuteros; 21-11-2020, 18:50.

Comment

Working...
                              X