Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony hates you all - removes Wishlist from PSN, restricts shop website to current gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took until this year for me to use the PSN on my PS4 to buy a game. That is how much better the website was.
    The wishlist is done completely [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], as part of next week's "Brand New Look!" for the PSN. I'm still holding out a vague hope that they replace it with something similar but PSN-brandlike, although I'm trying to grab those straws and they keep falling away from me... ;(

Comment

Absolute idiots because this is about 90% of where my purchases come from.

Comment

It's not as if they don't have the data to hand that tells them this, either!

A lot of these changes (Party System, Friends, Trophies etc) all seem to be in service of improving the way they will work on PS5, so fingers crossed there is a trade off. If not, we take to the streets!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          It's not as if they don't have the data to hand that tells them this, either!

A lot of these changes (Party System, Friends, Trophies etc) all seem to be in service of improving the way they will work on PS5, so fingers crossed there is a trade off. If not, we take to the streets!
          It's probably (especially in the case of PS3) because it's a real mess to maintain that stuff now. The PS3's OS was never designed to be expandable, but Sony had to force the machine to cope with a digital future long after releasing the machine. Hell, we sometimes forget that when the PS3 came out, almost none of us had ever bought a console game digitally - the 360's hard drive was optional after all.

It's like how the PS3 didn't support party chat. It kinda did, but it had to be supported by games; it wasn't an OS-level feature.

I imagine that the PS3's store is spaghetti code; legacy. It must get more expensive to maintain each year.

Comment

I was using this on my phone to track those key exclusives I wanted... Marvellous.

Comment

I've just gone onto the web-based PS Store and the changes have been made. Wishlist is no more.

Moment's silence...

Comment

I still don't understand the thinking behind this. Never got around to making a note of the near 100 games in my list, but if they don't want my money *shrug*.

Comment

This is a really bizarre move. I would have thought something like this, directly connecting to sales, would be sacred. Really surprising they’d just cut it like this.

Comment

This seems like a bit of an oversight also

Comment

I bought loads of good **** on the old PS3 store, all the choice PS3 exclusives and the 60hz PS1 RPGs (and all the Resis in 60).

Am I still gonna be able to re-download all the stuff I bought on PS3?

Comment

Yes, but you have to do it through your PS3. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Yes, but you have to do it through your PS3. Good luck.
                          Practically unusable.

My downloads page on PS3 has 6 pages of stuff.

4 pages of that (the middle 4) are Ridge Racer DLC.

At the rate it takes to paginate, honestly, life's too short. The **** on page 6 may as well be gone.

Comment

Ngh.

The new PSN website won't let you sort or filter deals in any way. What a step backwards.

Comment

The cynic in me says they've removed all this stuff only to add it back in later and look like good guys.

Comment

The new site is almost unusuable!

Just tried to find Allumette for PSVR. Nothing.
                                Went to a website with a review and a link at the end. Page comes up blank.

Tried looking at PSVR titles in general. You can no longer sort them.
                                Some don't have prices. None have a description or even a bloody name!

Just searched for Tekken. Just a long list of everything.
                                Which is the game? It's somewhere amongst the DLC, avatars and season passes.

Waaaaagh!

Comment

Working...
                                X