Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony hates you all - removes Wishlist from PSN, restricts shop website to current gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony hates you all - removes Wishlist from PSN, restricts shop website to current gen

As of October 21st we will no longer be able to buy PS3, PSV, PSP games through the PSN website along with themes, apps and avatars.
    "You can still buy them through the consoles", yes but have you tried to use the PS3 PSN?

"We are also removing the Wishlist feature"
    ...good luck getting me to buy games again if I can't list what I'm interested in and check them all by scrolling down a single page.

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

Fun fact - I didn't know the wishlist feature was a thing

Comment

Ban request!

Comment

PS3 PSN is like when you install Windows 10 on a Pentium II.

Comment

I used wishlist on Steam but it just became insane so I ended up wiping them all. This raises though that I'm curious how PS Store runs on PS5, presumably rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I used wishlist on Steam but it just became insane so I ended up wiping them all. This raises though that I'm curious how PS Store runs on PS5, presumably rubbish
            You were using it wrong - you add items to your wishlist and set it to only show items on sale

Comment

Oh ****, really? I knew about the PSP and Vita, but I had no idea about the PS3.

That's terrible. Using the shop website on PS3 is like pulling teeth! Plus no-one's going to do sales anymore because no-one will want to "browse" the store.

EDIT: I just realised; the PSP's on-console store was disabled years ago, meaning that to buy PSP games, now, you'll have to connect them to a PS3. That's kinda ****ty when you consider that one of the models of PSP, the Go, existed to be the first console that was wholly dependent on an online store... Which now no longer works.
              Last edited by Asura; 16-10-2020, 07:16.

Comment

Talk to me about the Wishlist changes, please.

Is it ending full stop, removing any PS3/Vita games and the rest remain or resetting the list so you can re-add games PS4-onwards?

Comment

PSN wishlist was ****. Wasn't viewable on console, and didn't even notify you when stuff was on sale. To the devil with it. Even Nintendo's wishlist service is better.

Comment

Wishlist is a great loss.

Comment

The wish list didn’t even work on my console it only ever worked on the website, the Sony store is a broken mess on my console I can get on maybe 3 attempts out of ten the rest of the time it just hangs on the page waiting to load. I have tried everything but it’s like accessing the net on dialup. Not like my broadband is slow either as downloads finish pretty fast, the store is long overdue a rehaul.

Comment

Sony probably thought it would be ok to upset the ten of you that are still buying things on the PS3 store. its a two generation old system just be glad it still has a store and they haven't gone the Nintendo route of shutting down the store like thed did on the Wii e-shop in 2019.

Comment

PS3 truly has one of the worst online stores I've ever seen/used lmao. If thats your only option then softmod your console and be done with it.

Comment

I'd like to see what the store is like on the PS5. They said its not an app and it's now integrated. Does it have all the same features?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              The wish list didn’t even work on my console it only ever worked on the website, the Sony store is a broken mess on my console I can get on maybe 3 attempts out of ten the rest of the time it just hangs on the page waiting to load. I have tried everything but it’s like accessing the net on dialup. Not like my broadband is slow either as downloads finish pretty fast, the store is long overdue a rehaul.
                              The Wishlist functionality can only be found when view the store with an internet browser or through the PS App.

Honestly, it's a great way to quickly see if any of the games you want are on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X