Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The epoch of Nintendo Hegemony has already begun and will only grow stronger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like them to stop relying on the same half dozen or so franchises (and lazy emulated ports of the same half dozen or so franchises).

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Nintendo shouldn’t make a direct competitor to the x86 twins. It’s not competing directly with them that’s allowed them to carve out a successful niche.
      Nintendo doesn't anyway. Nintendo server the mobile sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        If this is genuinely the case, why won't the talk of a "Switch Pro" cease then?

Why don't Nintendo just persist with the Switch hardware as is?
        It's unlikely to be anything radical though is it? They may feel adding 4K support and a few other spec bumps will sell a bunch of new consoles and further cement their place in the market, but I'm not sure many people are crying out for a high powered Nintendo console.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
          It's unlikely to be anything radical though is it? They may feel adding 4K support and a few other spec bumps will sell a bunch of new consoles and further cement their place in the market, but I'm not sure many people are crying out for a high powered Nintendo console.
          Whether it's radical or not, the point is that console spec/power eventually matters, as much as Nintendo consumers/customers (and even Nintendo themselves) want to try and pretend that it doesn't. The fact remians that speculation continues on a more powerful Switch coming to market. This speculation simply wouldn't exist if power didn't matter, surely?

TBH, there is nothing Nintendo couldn't do with a genuine PS5/XBollox alternative that they're doing with the Switch imho. If they did it properly instead of trying to half-arse/gimmick it, they'd still be successful enough to have everyone still make them the second console at worst.

I'll never understand this logic of considering Nintendo software to be high-quality but not wanting high-quality hardware to go with it.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 25-10-2020, 12:30.

Comment

The thing is, the speculation about a more powerful Switch largely exists within the niche enthusiast bubble and little of anywhere else. The idea of a new SKU is stemmed from Nintendo's past releasing 'New' models of their handhelds and not once has one of those revisions delivered anything that resembled a meaningful increase in performance meaning the crowd most often discussing it is the one that's going to be most disappointed in the reality of it.

Nintendo launches those upgraded models largely for marketing purposes, reigniting interest in a long running system to ensure sales momentum is maintained. Any victory dances from those speculating about a Pro model will be falsely earnt as well, talk about a Switch Pro has existed since 5 minutes after the system launched and is about as full of foresight as a Mystic Meg prediction.

There is a point where system spec kicks in as well but the Switch and Wii have long now confirmed to Nintendo that that line realistically lies around one generation of tech behind Sony and Microsoft and that's what helps them maintain the advantage of being peoples second choice pickup, pushing beyond that cripples their appeal too much. That's especially true now that portability is part of their console design.

If we're lucky, really lucky, Switch 2 will support 4K but that will only be for the lowest demanding cases like Indie titles and for its UI.

Comment

I feel Nintendo will continue to do their own thing unique in of itself inside and outside the industry...a more technically powerful console with the spirit of the Gamecube crossed with the library of the previous iterations would bring continued success... Switch Pro rumours abound again no doubt but as someone said Swich II.0 might emerge sooner than people think.
              Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-10-2020, 09:25.

Comment

That's why they need to embrace DLSS in the next system, it would allow them to use their usual target of spec but get much better returns. The thing is an amazing development and presumably going to be aped across the board in time.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION]: I've never read much about DLSS, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Cool stuff.

Comment

Of all the talked features like Ray-Tracing, HDR etc it's the one I probably paid the least attention to but in the few games that support it that I've tried it's amazing in its latest form at clawing back huge chunks of performance without compromising resolution or screen image. Really hoping it's adopted more aggressively next year onward as it seems like a god send for developers and users especially if they do plan on utilising more demanding settings and graphics options

Comment

Imagine if you will a 4K Ultra Architecture SNES with the depth and library of the 16 Bit SNES and the Gamecube and versatility of the SWITCH arriving 2021 Christmas...I agree there is an " ill communicated technological fallacy" that Nintendo cannot and will not harness the power equivalent or surpassing the that of Microsoft and Sony, this is a misnomer, they have already surpassed it...with their lineage and will continue to do so, such is the depth of their resources and talent. The greatest designers on the planet in terms of game design and innovation...

Welcome to the next level...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-10-2020, 12:35.

Comment

I always thought the Ninty can of course compete tech wise but always refused to take a hit on hardware profit losses

Comment

Do you know how much cash reserves they have? ...see NASDAQ and FTSE plus JPX... Nintendo are untouchable...

Comment

I'd like Nintendo to release a competent online service, but if we're being realistic then I'd like to see the Switch lineage continue with a GameCube virtual console and non broken joy cons

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                              I always thought the Ninty can of course compete tech wise but always refused to take a hit on hardware profit losses
                              They don't really care about the raw power of the hardware. They just want to sell millions and millions of games.

Luckily with Nvidia they won't even have to care too much about the hardware. Especially once the Ampere architecture goes mobile. One more generation and there will be graphical parity between all three console hardware manufacturers.

Comment

Not that that will make much difference given how rarely they even push the hardware they've already got either. Really, from a high end visual standpoint Nintendo isn't the company to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X