Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The epoch of Nintendo Hegemony has already begun and will only grow stronger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The epoch of Nintendo Hegemony has already begun and will only grow stronger...

It is no secret that the Nintendo Switch has been a huge success for the company since its launch in 2017...

What do you want to see from the next piece of Nintendo hardware?

Imagine if you will a Nintendo Computer System with the architecture and power of the Commodore Amiga and Acorn Archimedes?

The KRONOS ENGINE of CHANGE

http://www.kronos.ru/about/wirth?fbclid=IwAR2xHf4VslnN3LvOcPEScgXz4BDnvqZbE96 yCGiT-sqL2Ut0XhjE872O9XE

It would be good to see Nintendo create an entirely new programming language...
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 24-10-2020, 10:08.

To be honest I’d like to see Nintendo going back to making more gadgety toy stuff alongside doing consoles. Bit like how Sega does it, they have the Sega toys/Takara Tony thing going on with them releasing quirky fun stuff. Nintendo made some pretty interesting toy stuff back then using some clever technology like the walkie talkies that transmitted using lights to carry the signal. I can only imagine the fun stuff they’d make using modern tech I mean there that Mario kart home circuit for starters but I’d love to see a whole lot more.

As for consoles I’d love to see them release something powerful enough to allow proper vr as it would be awesome to see their stuff brought to that kind of experience. But Nintendo do their own thing so it’s unlikely. One thing that’s important though is games as this new gen is very telling there’s more talk of the tiniest of details of the newest consoles but not much chatter on actual games for them.

Comment

VR...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        VR...
        Honestly, I would love Nintendo's take on VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Honestly, I would love Nintendo's take on VR.
          Well technically it's their 2nd or 3rd attempt depending on if you could the Virtual Boy and Labo VR but yeah I was being serious... I think they could make a decent enough true dedicated VR console.

Comment

I think they'll stick with the switch for a good 10 years. They'll release various iterations of it and a switch 2 with more power. I don't think they'll have a reason to change or upgrade massively.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I think they'll stick with the switch for a good 10 years. They'll release various iterations of it and a switch 2 with more power. I don't think they'll have a reason to change or upgrade massively.
              This isn't what I would want, but I suspect that this will prove to be the case.

Let's be crystal-clear: The myth idea that Nintendo - the oldest hardware manufacturer in the console business to date - somehow cannot make a true hardware competitor to Sony and MS offerings is, and always will be, complete and utter bollocks.

If they did it properly and didn't half-arse it like they have in recent generations gone by they could easily do so and do it successfully.

Comment

Being realistic, they're going to make a literal Nintendo Switch 2. My only, only hope is that given the systems ties to Nvidia Nintendo fully embraces and utilises DLSS in the next system because that is genuinely the only real amazing advancement in gaming in the last half decade and it would do wonders for a corner cutting company like Nintendo

Comment

I hope they keep things as they are for a while.

A nice compact console with some good first party games and a nice selection of 2D/indie titles is perfect for me. Perhaps a Switch 2 at some point that maintains full backwards compatability, but gives some enhancements to those who want them.

The Wii and the Switch have been incredibly successful without getting involved in the race for the latest technology, so I really don't see why they need to change their approach anytime soon.

When there's a decent selection of games I can pick up a PS5 for some whoosh-bang graphics.

What I would really like from Nintendo are more new IPs.
                  Last edited by ZipZap; 24-10-2020, 15:49.

Comment

And more of their existing IPs - as in not lazy ports of past efforts

Comment

They'll continue to release ROM dumps as compilations.

Comment

Nintendo shouldn’t make a direct competitor to the x86 twins. It’s not competing directly with them that’s allowed them to carve out a successful niche. Plenty of peeps own a Switch as a second or portable system so it’s arguably better for Nintendo to just co-exist with the other two. It always feels like Nintendo make consoles focused on the games they want to make and third parties are just along for the ride.

Comment

Yep, I said that back in the Wii days. The PS and XBox basically serve the same market. If you have one, it makes much more sense to go for Nintendo’s offering than go for something that is much the same with the same type of games. If you’re everyone’s second console, you can be the first console overall.

Comment

There's no point in a ray traced mario brothers, the current hardware is fine for what Nintendo do.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              the current hardware is fine for what Nintendo do.
                              If this is genuinely the case, why won't the talk of a "Switch Pro" cease then?

Why don't Nintendo just persist with the Switch hardware as is?

Comment

Working...
                              X