The Meg 2: The Trench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meg 2: The Trench

Hot off his new adaptation of “Rebecca” hitting Netflix this week, filmmaker Ben Wheatley has signed on to direct the sequel to 2018 giant prehistoric shark thriller “The Meg” at Warner Bros. Pictures. Much of the first film’s key crew, including star Jason Statham, are expected to return with Jon and Erich Hoeber penning the […]

Ben Wheatley is to direct a sequel to the first film with most of the original cast also set to return to follow up the unlikely hit.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-04-2023, 21:22.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/ben-whe...he-meg-sequel/
    Ben Wheatley is to direct a sequel to the first film with most of the original cast also set to return to follow up the unlikely hit.
    Y'know? Kinda happy. I mean, I have no idea how they'll do it, but I would totally watch a follow-up.

The first one was basically Fast & Furious in boats; perfect, fast-paced, light popcorn fodder, which followed every cliche in the book in the right areas and circumvented them in others. I only watched it because, due to a layover in some travel plans, I ended up stuck in Reading for 5 hours one day and needed to kill some time, and there happened to be a cinema nearby. Honestly though, I was glad I did.

Comment

We watched the first one a couple of months ago as I had not seen it and it was definitely a fun romp I wish I had gotten to see at the cinema. Looking forward to it

Comment

What I couldn't believe was that The Meg is an adaptation of a book series. The first film adapts two of the novels, the original and a prequel. Amazingly there are still five more novels to be adapted.

Comment

Doing early press for Guy Ritchie’s armored truck crime thriller “Wrath of Man,”actor Jason Statham has confirmed he will be back for the sequel to the giant shark feature “The Meg”. Speaking with Collider, Statham says that the studio is planning to start filming the project early next year and can’t wait to finally get […]

Statham has confirmed his return and that filming will begin next January

Comment

Ugh, I hated this film. Ironically, totally toothless. I really wanted it to be a fun cornball confection, but the acting and script were both seriously lacking in energy. It ended up simply dull.

But hang on - Ben Wheatley directing the sequel?! I might have to watch it just for the bizarre combination of Wheatley and an otherwise creatively conservative made-for-China CGI fest.

Comment

I watched it for the first time a few nights ago. More cheesy than a block of cheddar, but enjoyable.

Comment

It was big dumb fun.

"Jason Statham: Shark Puncher".

Comment

Meg 2: The Trench Filming on the Ben Wheatley-directed “Meg 2: The Trench” will begin next week in the UK at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. Jason Statham returns as paleobiologist Jonas Taylor in the follow-up to 2018’s hit “The Meg” about a giant prehistoric shark. Original writers Dean Georgaris, Jon Hoeber, and Erich Hoeber are […]

Filming will begin next week

Comment

Fascinated to see how this turns out.

Comment

Comment

Excellent

Comment

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Comment

Ben Wheatley + Giant Prehistoric Shark = WIN!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out and what Wheatley does with the concept.

Going to try and avoid trailers as you know they're going to put all the best chomps in it.

Comment

Genuine spoiler, it's not a story arc thing but one specific shot that has been detailed and reveals exactly where the plot of the sequel is going:

A Meg eats a T-Rex

Comment

Working...
                              X