WTD Mega Drive Mk1 modded for 50hz / 60hz - see description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTD Mega Drive Mk1 modded for 50hz / 60hz - see description

I had hoped to go on ebay and buy the perfect modded Mega Drive MK1 and then an Everdrive, but alas it seems to be impossible to find said perfect MD. I even considered buying an unmodded system and then modding it myself, but then thought...

Ask the forum?

WHAT I WANT AND WILL PAY MONEY FOR:

Mega Drive Mk1 unit

Absolutely must be the "good" version of the system, with proper sound chip. These can be identified by the "High Definition Graphics" text above the cartridge port. I do not want the cheaper knock-offs with crappy sound chip. See here:

Must be modded to play all sizes of cartridge from any region, be it Japan, America, or the UK, with the ability to switch between 50Hz and 60Hz as I desire.

I would prefer a pair of two-way pole switches for the English/JPN and 50/60Hz modes, as opposed to this switchless malarkey, because sometimes I like to flip said switches mid-game, and the switchless mod requires pushing the reset button. However, since everyone thinks switchless is cool, I will accept a switchless model if forced to.

It must have the RF output still. I want to test out games like Sonic, Ristar, et al, which used the natural dithering of RF cables to create faux transparencies. If you've done the stereo mod which removes the RF port at the back, I'm not interested.

Must NOT have a blue LED installed. These bizarro ****ers for some reason cause me to zone out. Absolutely no blue LEDs.

Must come with an official AC power adapter. So many on eBay have no means of powering them. How exactly is one supposed to play the system without an AC adapter?!

A controller and SCART cable would be nice, but if not, I can buy these separate.

I do not care about boxes. Keep the box if you want and sell it standalone for more money.

Will pay via PayPal, postage to Dorset. "Message" me if you "have" what I "need".

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Sketcz; 25-10-2020, 17:49.
Working...
X