No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone Thread S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mate has a OnePlus Nord and rates it very highly. They're £380.

Comment

I got a Huawei P40 but didn't know about the Google thing so had to send it back.

The pixel 5 looks great and reviews say pics come out better than Oneplus 8 Pro even though it's inferior hardware on paper.

Comment

I've got a BlackBerry KeyOne and it is starting to develop faults. I got it used a couple of years ago and am thinking I'll probably just get another used one to replace it (the successor model Key2 is a fortune). However, the going rate is about £50 more than I paid back then! What gives? They came out in early 2017 and are only getting older...

And yes, I do refuse to give up on phones with a physical keyboard. I can type about 5 times faster on them.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I got a Huawei P40 but didn't know about the Google thing so had to send it back.

The pixel 5 looks great and reviews say pics come out better than Oneplus 8 Pro even though it's inferior hardware on paper.
          There's a few ways to get Google to play nice on it but it's one of those things that might constantly change and so there's always a risk.

The P40 is a gorgeous phone though but it's hard to recommend unless you're aware of that issue and prepared to battle it yourself.

Heard good things about the OnePlus Nord but that the cameras weren't fantastic. I think if you wanted to play safe the pixel 4a and 5 probably win out but they are a little boring overall though the camera is still genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            I've got a BlackBerry
            Think we’ve found the problem with your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Think we’ve found the problem with your phone.
              One moment while I reply while not needing to look at the screen because I can feel where all the keys are.

Comment

Comment

The KeyOne probably still commands a decent price for the exact reason why you want one - some people only want something with physical keys, and there have hardly been any phones in the past few years that feature them.

Comment

I guess it makes sense. I still get annoyed at touch keyboards.

Keys always seemed so small on BB devices though, though I've not used one so it may be better than I imagine.

Comment

I went from an iPhone 6S to a 12 Pro Max today, first phone change in five years. **** me, phone cameras have moved on a bit!

Comment

Yeah it's amazing. Playing with the pixel 5 today was crayzeeee

Comment

Switched from Vodafone to O2 yesterday.

SIMO as we own our phones outright (have done for about 5 years now).

Getting 30GB with unlimited calls / texts for £15 for me and 12GB for £10 for the wife.

When I contacted Vodafone for the PAC to port our numbers their counter offer was £20 for 15GB for me and £12 for 9GB for the wife. I actually typed "LOL, no" into the live chat.

Their retention offers are utter rubbish.

All posted now and I'm getting better reception in parts of the house where Vodafone used to drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Switched from Vodafone to O2 yesterday.

SIMO as we own our phones outright (have done for about 5 years now).

Getting 30GB with unlimited calls / texts for £15 for me and 12GB for £10 for the wife.

When I contacted Vodafone for the PAC to port our numbers their counter offer was £20 for 15GB for me and £12 for 9GB for the wife. I actually typed "LOL, no" into the live chat.

All posted now and I'm getting better reception in parts of the house where Vodafone used to drop out.
                            50p a gigabyte - nice one mate. I’m gonna move from Voda in March. I always got a good deal from them with my Spotify bundled in, but they weren’t really competitive when I renewed last year and I stuck with them mostly out of laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              50p a gigabyte - nice one mate. I’m gonna move from Voda in March. I always got a good deal from them with my Spotify bundled in, but they weren’t really competitive when I renewed last year and I stuck with them mostly out of laziness.
                              Yeah, used to get NowTV on my deal (£26 a month SIMO with 20GB and NowTV) but trying to cut monthly outgoings and they had nothing for loyal customers. Now they've lost two (I bet they're crying...hmm...) but porting is so easy now that it makes no sense to stay with a provider because you can't be bothered to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

The daughter was on O2 with her XR, £40 a month for 30gb, They sent us stupid offer emails which boiled down to the fact she wouldn't save any money at all when the contract was over.

I switched last month and sent her to EE, £20 a month for £100gb on a sim only.

Comment

Working...
                                X