BPX052: I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX052: I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost

Halloween is upon us or at least some form of socially distanced, stay indoors version of the event and once again the spirits will be wandering the abandoned streets as Michael Myers wonders where all the victims have gone. But, people are always split on whether they believe in the idea of the ghosts of the dead haunting these lands.

Do you believe that ghosts or some sort of corporeal entities exist?

If you've ever had a strange unexplained experience share it with the group, or even if not the scenes in horror films that have most given you goosebumps or a struggle to sleep in the night as we snuggle up around the forum bonfire and share tales under a flashlight to protect us from the ghosts of rmoxon and zachmorris past.
    I Believe in Ghostly Spirits
    0%
    I Believe (Only) in (Alchohol) Spirits
    0%

Far more likely that rather than people seeing the floating dead, it's an intersection of different quantum universe dimensions being briefly linked through a physics phenomenon we don't yet understand.

I blame the strings.
    Last edited by MartyG; 30-10-2020, 11:19.

Comment

I've had many weird things happen but, no, I don't believe that ghosts or anything like them exist. As someone with a crippling fear of death, I'd love them to exist. Every time I watch a supernatural horror film I think, I get why you're scared but mostly this ghost or demon or whatever haunting you is REALLY good news because it's proof of an existence beyond this physical life. Every supernatural horror film is a good news story presented as bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I've had many weird things happen but, no, I don't believe that ghosts or anything like them exist. As someone with a crippling fear of death, I'd love them to exist. Every time I watch a supernatural horror film I think, I get why you're scared but mostly this ghost or demon or whatever haunting you is REALLY good news because it's proof of an existence beyond this physical life. Every supernatural horror film is a good news story presented as bad news.
        I always think this too; it would be such a relief!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Far more likely that rather than people seeing the floating dead, it's an intersection of different quantum universe dimensions being briefly linked through a physics phenomenon we don't yet understand.

I blame the strings.
          Echoes of the Multiverse.

That should be our band name!
          OR PUB NAME!

Comment

Many weird experiences myself, too, enough to know that what we perceive may be much less solid than most believe. I feel like we live in one page of an infinite, infinitely varying book and sometimes the paragraphs of these pages can leave imprints on the others.

I go by how I feel and I feel we only see like 1% of everything but we're all a bit too simplistic to comprehend it.

Comment

I think one of the biggest issues with ghosts is that the perceived rules or cited sightings make absolutely zero sense. It's more like the heaven argument, wishful thinking leading to easy dupings

Comment

I'd love to see a ghost. Itd change my whole outlook on life. Unfortunately to believe in ghosts means to believe in spirits and the afterlife, and I don't.

Comment

Working...
                X