No announcement yet.

Dirt 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the best fun Arcade racer made in years and up there with Motorstorm sport. Runs and looks incredible on the Series X too

Comment

Had a little go, all the cars feel the same so far and there is absolutely no feedback from track to car! And all surfaces are similar!

But hey, it's pretty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Had a little go, all the cars feel the same so far and there is absolutely no feedback from track to car! And all surfaces are similar!
        Yeah, that's my only gripe. I get that it needs to be more "arcadey" than Dirt Rally but driving on thick mud should feel different to driving on gravel.

Oh, that and the fact it crashes quite a lot. It won't allow me to finish the first Throwdown event. I guess this is what happens when you have to develop a game for 9 platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

But hey, it's pretty!!!

Sounds like my ex wife.

Comment

Just picked a copy up, so looking forward to booting it up and having a few beers tonight!

Comment

Anyone played Dirt Rally 2.0? Is that worth a pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Just picked a copy up, so looking forward to booting it up and having a few beers tonight!
                Its awesome fun mate. So nice to have an Arcade game style racer back. The sound in this is fab too

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                  Only if you're going to play it with a wheel. In VR with a wheel it's a pretty decent experience, but you don't want to play it on a controller (at least not if you want to enjoy the experience). It's completely different to the Dirt series in that respect and has less content than Dirt Rally 1.0 without paying for the extras.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    It's really hard compared to Dirt 5!

Probably the best VR rally game out there though.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Only if you're going to play it with a wheel. In VR with a wheel it's a pretty decent experience, but you don't want to play it on a controller (at least not if you want to enjoy the experience). It's completely different to the Dirt series in that respect and has less content than Dirt Rally 1.0 without paying for the extras.
                      I haven't played 2.0 but used to happily play the first Dirt Rally with a controller. I wouldn't let the lack of a wheel put you off personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                        I haven't played 2.0 but used to happily play the first Dirt Rally with a controller. I wouldn't let the lack of a wheel put you off personally.
                        Me either. Fantastic game, but you do need to invest some time in it to git gud. Very rewarding when you do.

I'm enjoying Dirt 5 more on hard difficulty and actually far prefer the handling of the cars with a lower handling rating, which is nice as they're faster. I still couldn't tell you what the difference between many of the event types are off the top of my head though. Career just keeps throwing events at you, sometimes with no clear indication of how you did or what the rewards mean. Throwdowns don't seem to mark themselves as complete. I feel like Career could've been better structured, but Im nitpicking. It's a lot of fun and very impressive on a technical level.There's an amazing array of tracks. I particularly like the point to point ones. Storms are great too.
                        Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 14-11-2020, 12:43.

Comment

Definitely a mixed bag for me - sometimes it looks and plays great, other times it looks rough, and plays like a 1st gen Xbox game.

Those ice tracks can go and swing...

Comment

How is the stability for everyone? After the 70g upgrade file finally installed I was playing for about 2 hours and it must have crashed at least 5 times in that timespan....

Comment

I put a few more hours into this and I really don’t think it’s that good at all, infact I find it pretty boring. Granted it looks amazing at times, but it’s just event after event with a really basic career structure that’s seems to go on for ever with no clear goal in sight. This along with the waffle from the two ‘presenters’, repetitive audio tracks and soundbites and handling that seems the same for pretty much all classes of Vehicle. Most of the race tracks are uninspiring despite some really nice locations and they really missed an opportunity to put in more exciting jumps. Yes I know it’s more ‘arcade’, but I think dirt 2 played so much better and even the old ps2 game shox outclasses this in every way, but the graphics. It seems like an unfinished rushed product.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                This along with the waffle from the two ‘presenters’
                                This is mostly why I refuse to play any modern racing game, and also why I'm looking forward to GT7 so much. I really can't be f**cked with all of the cringe banter going on while I'm trying to play these substandard racing games.

I think it was that UK-themed Forza one which was the absolute worst where they had some Radio 1 imitation constantly spewing duck urine out of the speakers. A couple of lines of that 'humour' and I'll just delete the game right there and then. The game wasn't compelling enough to work out if they had a Classical FM option or not.

Thankfully Game Pass keeps things relatively 'throw-away', where most of it sits to be perfectly honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X