Home Computers - 100 Icons that Defined a Generation - Thames & Hudson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Computers - 100 Icons that Defined a Generation - Thames & Hudson

A must Christmas gift for everyone...exceptional writer, good guy, should have been Editor of EDGE for a decade as the 21st century Jason Brookes.

Totally Recommended

A personal website by writer and gamester Alex Wiltshire.

Two other great books Britsoft and Japansoft too...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 16-11-2020, 20:57.

Is that a QL keyboard? Looks like lego

Comment

The book is brilliant totally worth the purchase...great writer top guy credit to the entire industry...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Is that a QL keyboard? Looks like lego
        Weren't the Spectrum Plus / 48K + and 128 the same kind of keyboard, unless I've forgotten.

Comment

^Yes, I had a 48k+, much better than my mate's 'dead flesh' Speccy 48k.

Comment

We had a black 'mechanical keyboard' speccy with the built in tape drive.
            Dan Dare and Batman!
            I remember every time my parents would drag us to a car boot there was some guy selling knock off tapes for it.

Comment

Ooooh, this sounds right up my alley!

Comment

I have this. I wrote to the author to point out the Amiga 500 pictures on the Amiga 1000 pages, which he knew about and apologised for.

There are so many 8 bit machines that I have physically touched (if not used or owned) but so many more, that I never saw in the flesh and just as many I had not heard of, or heard much of.

The problem is... that the presentation and write ups are so good, it's fuelled my desire to own some of them, hence my very recent purchase of a Memotech MTX512!

Comment

I have Britsoft Japansoft and the Dreamcast Collection all on order...for Santa

This title will be amazing... hoping it is Alex's next book

Four pioneering game developers remember working for one of Japan’s first game publishers

Great range of titles here as well...

Read-Only Memory publishes high-quality books and articles that document defining moments in videogame history.
                  Last edited by CAPCOM; 11-11-2020, 16:27.

Comment

Got me reminiscing now. My Amiga 600 was definitely a major part of my life. I got one as a kid, maybe 11 yo. It was everything to me. Probably the biggest reason I'm in to games.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Got me reminiscing now. My Amiga 600 was definitely a major part of my life. I got one as a kid, maybe 11 yo. It was everything to me. Probably the biggest reason I'm in to games.
                      I'll have a pimped out one for sale soon... just sayin ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I'll have a pimped out one for sale soon... just sayin ;-)
                        Nice. I'd probably frame it and put it on the wall.
                        I had mine for so long I eventually had to use it with the disk drive and guts completely exposed so I could get it to read disks.
                        Alien Breed Tower Assault was my favourite game.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          ^Yes, I had a 48k+, much better than my mate's 'dead flesh' Speccy 48k.
                          The first time I tried the rubber keyboard I was shocked, never liked it and was never used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            The smaller A600 was way more compact and smart to me but A500 owners seemed to dislike it.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                              The smaller A600 was way more compact and smart to me but A500 owners seemed to dislike it.
                              Well it was basically an a500 with stuff missing. Some games didn’t work etc. Yet it was no cheaper than an a500 iirc. At the time there was nothing to like about it. Now though it’s a lovely little machine

Comment

Working...
                              X