Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    you end up with a library of curiosities not classics.​​
    This is definitely true. I kind of like it for that, admittedly. But you're also right that the "which version is it?" thing has been a big issue. On several occassions, carts have the worst possible version of a game included.

Comment

There's your confirmation that the first Giga Cart is Tomb Raider Collection 1 (Tomb Raider 1-3) and that is what's being bundled with the VS-R and EXP-R.

Comment

Think it's a reasonable coup for them having a tomb raider pack in, but echoing the above someone like me should be all over this system but tbh I don't see what I would play on it that I don't have elsewhere

Comment

Yeah, I'm exactly the same, Base-o.

I really want to get behind the Evercade as an official way to play retro titles in a licensed way, and I love the way you can play one cart on either the console or handheld, however remain underwhelmed with these minimal releases.

3 Tomb Raiders in one disc is a step in the right direction, but realistically I'd probably play the original or Anniversary or Remastered or even one of the reboots.

Is it still just the games or have they started making their releases more like the Museum titles we mentioned at the start of this thread?

Comment

Just games, it all very bare bones. The Hyper Mega Tech handheld they did is a cheap way into the system, and comes with some of the best games on the system, things like Puzzle bobble Newzeland Story, Rastan and Space invaders on the Taito one and, games like Strider, Final Fight, street fighter 2, and Mercs on the Capcom version. it's a real shame the only way to get these games is via the mini handheld and not on cart as the Mega Tech doesn't have HDMI out or wifi with it being a cheap 40-50 console. Some of the Capcom games are not well suited to the console either 1942 has big black bars to keep the aspect ratio of the original game.

Comment

Working...
            X