No announcement yet.

What Do People Think Of The Evercade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I made the original thread and I have had my Evercade for a few weeks now. Really like the hardware - good screen etc

Favourite games so far are Magical Drop 2 and Xenocrisis. But really enjoying playing lots of old games I would never have bothered with otherwise. I think this is the main function of the Evercade. I have never wanted to download Atari 7800 games and wouldn't have done so if it wasnt for the Evercade but was good fun trying some here. Also very surpsied at how good the Lynx's graphics are - even if some of the games themselves can suck a bit as a result (Electrocop and Blue Lightning I'm looking at you). It must have been amazing owning a Lynx at the time everyone else had a mono Gameboy

I do agree about arcade games but at the same time I quite like playing console versions to see what they are like. I did read on the Twitter page that arcade games are coming some point.

I would say Evercade is for people who like to collect carts, explore game libararies and try games they would never have wanted to otherwise. There are also many genuinely good games to find and play. Even the games you wouldn't play that much - it's fun to give them 15 mins of your time

Some of the packs for me are partly for historical interest - like the Atari 2600 version of Asteroids just seems really hampered by the original hardware (not being able to put many asteroids next to each other horizontally). In contrast Adventure is amazing!

Comment

I think they're very well done but also very silly. This is just another way to play emulated ROMs, it's not like the machine itself is offering anything.

Deffo got a fun, cool factor to it, and if I saw it down B&M for like £17.99 or summat, I *might* be tempted but we all know what this is and we all know it's silly pretending otherwise.

Comment

A Bitmap Brothers collection is coming. No idea when but it features Speedball, Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Xenon 2 and Speedball 2100, which I've never played. https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/bi...-collection-1/

Comment

They’re making a TV console out of the Evercade. Think I might dive in if it turns out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
            They’re making a TV console out of the Evercade. Think I might dive in if it turns out ok.
            Yeah I saw that. But doesn't the current model display on TV? I must admit I haven't tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              A Bitmap Brothers collection is coming. No idea when but it features Speedball, Speedball 2, Chaos Engine, Xenon 2 and Speedball 2100, which I've never played. https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/bi...-collection-1/
              Was there a Xenon 1? Just realised I have no idea.

Comment

I have never played it but yes, apparently. From 1989.

Comment

Missing Gods and Cadaver

Speedball’s inclusion is rendered pointless by the vastly superior sequel quite rightly being on there.

I’m in a right half-glass-empty mood today, eh?

Comment

Yeah I saw that. But doesn't the current model display on TV? I must admit I haven't tried it.
                    Oh I’m not sure actually. Maybe it does. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Was there a Xenon 1? Just realised I have no idea.
                      The first Xenon was the game used in the play-by-phone challenge on Get Fresh in the late 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                        The first Xenon was the game used in the play-by-phone challenge on Get Fresh in the late 80s.
                        That's right! It's was also rather typical of an Amiga shooter of the day.

Comment

Yes I bought Xenon 1 when I got my Amiga.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            Missing Gods and Cadaver
                            ...and Magic Pockets.

Comment

I've glossed over the Evercade for a while now, but this is quite an interesting new line for them!

A lot of these are otherwise-unported! I know [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]'s got the love for Biomechanical Toy...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                I've glossed over the Evercade for a while now, but this is quite an interesting new line for them!

A lot of these are otherwise-unported! I know [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]'s got the love for Biomechanical Toy...
                                Hopefully they ported the version with the "good" music Thunder Hoop 2 is also really nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X