Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s talk frame-rates! (because borders are dowwwn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Just popping in to say I'm disappointed the thread title isn't:
    Let’s talk frame-rates! (because borders are down)
    Haha just read this

Comment

You know, I don't think frame rates bother me that much in most games. It's nice if racing games are a consistent 60fps, but otherwise I'm fine with whatever really. The last time I even noticed framerates was Disaster Report 4, which dips to single figures when it struggles, but I was fine with that as it just made it feel like the old PS2 game it basically is.

Comment

I prefer higher frame rates up to a point, I think 120fps sounds great and I want there to exist an option for it if that is possible to achieve... but ultimately I think my preference is that we at the very least aim for 60fps.

30fps is still ok for some types of games but its a noticeable difference going back to games that were 30fps and experiencing them at a higher frame rate.

Options, we need options (but not too many options, we're not PC nerds!)

Comment

I approve of the thread title change!

Comment

Go back 20 years. We were running Quake DM at the lowest resolution just to increase the framerate. Could definitely kill people better.

Comment

165Hz is nice for FPS

Comment

God of war is stonking on the PS5 on performance mode. It has the PS4 Pro features but with no drop in frame rates.

Comment

Working...
                X