Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk everthing Commodore and I mean everything...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zzap64 is back, well sort of , though it does have the blessing of Future Publishing , its going the patreon route ..5.10 per quarter issue posted. Its by the same guys that do the Zzap64 yearly annuals

Most c64s had a Zzap64 next to them.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      It would be funded in 24 hrs. Need some original designers on board though..

I would get a jet black Amiga in a heartbeat!
      You could always get the CDTV with black keyboard, mouse and disk drive.

Comment

We are generating ides about how to relaunch the brand here.... I give you the Commodore Nintendo 64

Last edited by CAPCOM; 12-11-2020, 21:52.

Comment

The Vic 20 was my first proper computer, with no sound, colour or keys I don't really count my ZX81. I had the matching tape drive and even a few game cartridges. By the time I sold it for a Diamond Back BMX I had amassed well over 50 games. Once the BMX love in ended I bought a 2nd hand Breadbin C64, I purchased new games weekly, loved it. I sold it to a local Naval Serviceman and after a visit to the Commodore Show in Hammersmith bought back a shiny A500. I eventually ended up with a 1084S Monitor, memory upgrade and Star Colour Printer. Like a lot on here I ended my Commodore Marriage by straying with a Japanese Megadrive, one quick play on a mates Ghouls and Ghosts and the love affair had started.

I've since bought a 60hz C64-DTV, a C64 Mini and I still regularly use Minimig on my DE10 Mister. I did have the Vic20 Mini pre-ordered with Amazon ready for Xmas but sacked it off for a Digital PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
            We are generating ides about how to relaunch the brand here.... I give you the Commodore Nintendo 64

The brand has already relaunched. Behold the commodore mobile phones:

Comment

Next project the black Amiga then thank you for link.......they need more physical products.
              Last edited by CAPCOM; 13-11-2020, 08:12.

Comment

Parents got a second hand C64 in 1984 and never looked back. Contributed a lot to the community and thankfully had that fed back over the last 20 years. Sister in law donated her family Vic20 to me in 2003 and so I started up on the smaller computer too collecting wise!

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                Zzap64 is back, well sort of , though it does have the blessing of Future Publishing , its going the patreon route ..5.10 per quarter issue posted. Its by the same guys that do the Zzap64 yearly annuals
                Chris/Roger/Oli have managed to negotiate retrieving the rights to the Zzap/Crash names from Future thankfully. Means they don't have to go asking permission every time they want to make a new publication. Which is great for me, hopefully, keep on reviewing stuff for Zzap
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've never played a Commodore 64 but was really into the Amiga A500. Games like Populous, Player Manager, Dungeon Master. All amazing. AMOS, Blitz Basic 2. D Paint, Protracker. Such a great games and creativity tool.

I never liked the A1200 much. Underpowered for the time. I thought it was a disappointing follow up. I think the original Amiga designers made the Atari Lynx - The A1200 should have been like that in computer form - with all the scaling, bitmaps and sprites that had but with a faster processor.

I listened to Kayne West on Joe Rogan podcast the other night and he was talking about his Amiga.

At 02:44:00 in this video

Comment

All Commodore's were Brilliant C16, C64, A500, A500 plus A600, A1200 and A1500 and A2000. No debate.

A truly one of a kind company.
                    Last edited by CAPCOM; 13-11-2020, 17:40.

Comment

The hardware / software people were good, often great, but the management was a disaster. The Amiga should have dominated the computing scene but Commodore were too stingy with R&D and lacked any real understanding of what they had with the Amiga.

Comment

This is true ^^^^

Comment

Like I said earlier if Nintendo and their resources got together with ACORN/ARM or a reborn COMMODORE they would be unstoppable in a rejuvinated home computing market...the new spectrum next is a good first step...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 13-11-2020, 20:18.

Comment

The home computing market is dominated by Android and iOS these days. No point in anyone attempting to break into that space now.

Comment

Boutique items is all we can hope for. There is unlikely to be a change to the mainstream now. That’s why the spectrum next exists. Very cool device but not gonna replace pcs.

There are various evolutions of Amiga out there based on power pc already but super expensive for what they are.

Comment

Send me a link to the best ones please Brad?

Comment

Working...
                                X