No announcement yet.

Retro Rumble: Round 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel we are blood brothers in honesty like Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys Trilogy so its all good....

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      I feel we are blood brothers in honesty

Let's play the Blood Brothers coin-op.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-11-2020, 00:47.

Comment

Axelay (10/10, essential for any games company students as part of their study syllabus)
        Castlevania IV ( 10/10, strangely many of the rest in the series were garbage, at least to me, if I want a rpg I'd play an rpg, sometimes people forget what their product is and become influenced by market research feedback - and of course the usual - the product gets F***ed Up!!!)
        Sensible Soccer ( my third choice just because this brought so much pleasure to so many football game fans, I know somebody enjoyed themselves if they played this at their weekend)
        Speedball 2 ( making friends using this game worked miracles!, kids with ****ty computers, were blown away! from the days computing was still trying to build a fanbase and reputation as 'f******* AMAZIN MAN!' wow! lol, a bit like when jobe went from being beaten with sticks to learning stuff on VR, blew my poor friends away, a memory for life for them i guess, just another day selling new **** to me i guess to the masses lol)

4 choices? I'm not your time wasting monkey. Any burst of chat must be complete in three minutes. And this just became the fourth. bye bye

As sales training manual says when the customer asks for the other games console
        "YOU GET WHAT I GIVE YOU!!!!" *loudly*

lol

Comment

My votes;

Castlevania IV: An absolutely briiliant creation that's expertly crafted in all areas. A golden classic that I'll always enjoy going back to.

Axelay: Full of impressive graphics, unforgettable bosses, and stirring music, this is easily one of my favourite 16-bit shoot 'em ups.

Sensible Soccer: A brilliant masterpiece that still gets lauded by many as being the "best footy game ever."

Speedball 2: Every facet of the design is polished to perfection, so it has a timeless quality that keeps me coming back for more and more. Easily the best future sports game.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-11-2020, 15:31.

Comment

The votes so far:

Castlevania IV: 7 votes
            Axelay: 7 votes
            Speedball 2: 5 votes
            The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: 4 votes
            Sensible Soccer: 3 votes
            Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: 3 votes
            Gynoug: 1 vote
            International Superstar Soccer/Deluxe: 0 votes

Konami are rocking the top spot.

Comment

Makes you want the old KONAMI back...if they bloody listened...imagine what they could with Treasure new talented programmers and their excellent IP?

I personally and professionally want them back to the greatness of years past!

Last edited by CAPCOM; 19-11-2020, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                I personally and professionally want them back to the greatness of years past!
                I really wish that Konami, Capcom, Sega, Namco etc... would establish departments dedicated to retro style gaming. They might attract talented people who want to create fun games away from all the AAA modern blockbusters. There's definitely a healthy marketplace for more retro style games -- even amongst more mainstream gamers. Retro inspired games aren't a niche anymore -- they can be pretty successful across the board.

Give me lots of inspiring modern shoot 'em ups, platformers, run-'n-gun, and puzzlers to get excited about. Japanese game publishers need to bring about a resurgence in all the genres they were renowned for in the '80s and '90s -- even if the focus would be on digital marketplaces. Let the professionals in on the retro action that's currently dominated by indie devs.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-11-2020, 01:38.

Comment

Totally agreed 1000% Leon

Comment

Working...
                  X