Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinkhowgoodforzawouldbeifithadhapticsandtriggerre sistance...

Comment

Im pretty sure they'll be making a new controller with such gubbins. Think MS surveyed the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
        After nearly a year with the PS5 and series X
        I think Forza 5 is. Better then anything the ps5 can offer
        Also with VRR snd 1440p. Plus new Dolby vision games Sony has work to do
        The x box for me is clearly better
        I'm in agreement with this. I sold my PS5, not directly to buy a Series X but it's hard to argue with the Xbox value proposition for me.

I missed out on the PS4/Xbone gen so the Series X is a bit of a stonker. The fact that I can also play 360 games like Revengeance, Dead Space and Enslaved is a bit of a bonus and seeing Orta upscaled is a joy. Combined with Retroarch where I can play Wii games almost flawlessly at 2K is immense as well.

I agree that Dolby Vision adds a nice, if minor, improvement over HDR and having VRR is great. I think being able to pick up Gamepass so cheap using the other country loop hole is superb. Gamepass has allowed me access to stuff I wouldn't even consider playing had they not been in there; Carrion, It Takes Two and Forza to name a few.

I'm a bit of a die hard Nintendo fan but I've not touched the Switch in months and the ridiculous N64 and Mega Drive bundle just pushed me further into the Microsoft camp. I did consider getting a PS5 again and was in the GAME online queue before I realised I couldn't be arsed. I'm sure I'll pick up Sony's machine again later on as thought it was great, it just doesn't seem to offer as exciting a proposition as Microsoft's efforts currently.
        Last edited by Escape-To-88; 09-11-2021, 06:42.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

This is what I'd be doing in Forza, none of the racing nonsense, just messing around, seeing where I can get a car to:

Forza Horizon 5’s Volcano has been conquered

Comment

I'm the reverse proposition. I missed out on the PS4 era so getting the PS5 has been a nice time getting back into franchises I missed. Like I said in another thread, when you've missed several triple A bangers it's almost like Xmas getting a new console and having them all available day one.

As for the differences between them. Both are great hardware and the games speak for themselves. People will always have their preferences but for me Series X is a clear winner... won't argue that others would pick the other way, that's all good. Good games, are good games.

I think Sony could really do with catching up from a feature set perspective and likewise Xbox is slowly catching up in first party output.

I'm always going to be playing 3rd party titles on Xbox because I choose to be fully digital and game pass, rewards, cloud and PC gives me the best experience. For PS5, that's my sony exclusive machine and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Come on dude, studios that make games are in no way related to the people who work on the console tech.
              It was funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                This is what I'd be doing in Forza, none of the racing nonsense, just messing around, seeing where I can get a car to:

Forza Horizon 5’s Volcano has been conquered

That's crazy. Must have taken them ages to get up there

Comment

Last year when I asked my wife for a Series S for my birthday, her first question was "I can buy you the Series X. Why don't you want that?".

I told her the Series S would make me less guilty about asking for a PS5 a few years down the line

Firing up FH5 this morning and being dropped out of a plane NEXT TO A VOLCANO(and the fact we went 50/50 on our PS5) is making me regret my logic.

Admittedly, the game still looks stunning in 60fps and even better in 30fps(which is actually really nice to play - reminds me of PGR3) so I should just count my chickens.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  thinkhowgoodforzawouldbeifithadhapticsandtriggerre sistance...
                  I haven't tried a racing game on my PS5 yet but I looooove the haptic feedback. Going back to my Xbox controller was like going back in time. If MS end up doing a haptic controller I'll be very happy.

Comment

If your pc pc that will run forza you can get three months of gamepass on PC for a quid at the moment, seems a pretty good deal.

Comment

A friend of mine who works for Game has told me that, even when they get Series X in stock, they can't do All Access anyway!

What's. The. Point. Then?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        A friend of mine who works for Game has told me that, even when they get Series X in stock, they can't do All Access anyway!

What's. The. Point. Then?
                        Can’t imagine the margins for the retailer for this is anything other than a waste of their time. Better to just sell the hardware normally and games to go with it.

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me either. There's no need to stimulate demand further so no need to offer All Access right now.

Well jel of everyone playing Forza, it looks great def one I'll be downloading ASAP once I get an Xbox down the line for Starfield and Avowed.

Comment

Downloading it now (PC). Let's see how it compares to 4!

Comment

Should be starting FH5 tomorrow. It definitely hurts to an extent that all these years later Sony still doesn't have an answer to Forza Horizon but I guess it's counter balanced in how Microsoft doesn't really have an answer to... well, pretty much all of Sony's franchise

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Should be starting FH5 tomorrow. It definitely hurts to an extent that all these years later Sony still doesn't have an answer to Forza Horizon but I guess it's counter balanced in how Microsoft doesn't really have an answer to... well, pretty much all of Sony's franchise
                                competition is good for the marketplace look at what happens when one player dominates you get £70 first party games and crap like PSNOW.

Someone could very easily give PGR or Ridge racer or even bloody burnout the horizon treatment, the way horizon is doing crazy numbers even before general release on game-pass shows their is still a massive appetite for triple A racers.

Comment

Working...
                                X