Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby Vision is a nice addition and does add a sprinkle of the pretty, but the input lag delivers too big a compromise for me. Granted, this is based on my experience with one game, a game that benefits from as little lag as poss (CoD Vanguard) but it was enough for me to disable it in the xbox options. I tend to use 'game mode' on the Bravia which does an amazing job. With Dolby Vision enabled you don't have those options any more, it overrides all of those options. Maybe one day there will be a Dolby Vision game mode combined but right now it's not a great option for gaming.

Comment

For anyone hoping for a flight controller for MS flight simulator

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        I just did that one today as well. Got them all now!
        got it about 10 mins later just picking them up as I saunter along no great rush atm

Comment

The one aspect that’s gone backwards from FH4 is with the ability to fly a drone. Made those damn barn finds so much more bearable

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
            The one aspect that’s gone backwards from FH4 is with the ability to fly a drone. Made those damn barn finds so much more bearable
            It's still there but doesn't have a direct shortcut. Press menu and go across to I think the creation menu and its one of the buttons on the right.

Once you spot the barn it'll be shown on the map.

I didn't find this till about halfway through either....

Comment

Man the servers were getting hammered in this last night, constant disconnections but hopefully it'll settle down.

I was watching the player count rise and it went over the 4m mark before I signed off, this using the "hall of fame" option on the main drag strip to check total count...

I got lucky last night and won a second Lambo Sesto so I auctioned it off and got 5m credits... enough to buy the final house. I think I've done in FH5 in a week what took me nearly 9 months in FH4...

Comment

I’m getting stutters every 30 seconds or so. Otherwise a very smooth experience. The auto optimiser said:

We recommend Ultra. You have chosen EXTREME!

Looks like the cinematic transition parts in the opening are capped at 30fps but other than that it’s smooth. Those jitters though ruin it.

Comment

Digital Foundry did a video on PC settings and issues. Not sure if it's worth a look but my help.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I’m getting stutters every 30 seconds or so. Otherwise a very smooth experience. The auto optimiser said:

We recommend Ultra. You have chosen EXTREME!

Looks like the cinematic transition parts in the opening are capped at 30fps but other than that it’s smooth. Those jitters though ruin it.
                    Apparently this is down to the network and not your hardware on PC, try running it in offline mode see it that works.

Comment

Just did the initial opening last night, 4K60fps is sorted and it's looking niiiice. Time to get properly stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Apparently this is down to the network and not your hardware on PC, try running it in offline mode see it that works.
                        Not possible with Gamepass apparently. I have no solo mode option (which is what the internet keeps telling em to choose)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Not possible with Gamepass apparently. I have no solo mode option (which is what the internet keeps telling em to choose)
                          Ah year thats an issue then if your on GP on pc, dam.

Comment

Pulled the cable. Game launches but when you try to play it just hangs on the Loading... pleas wait screen.

Ok, start race with internet connection and then kill the connection and micro stutters gone. Well, still had one as I transitioned to some grass but otherwise smooth. Looks amazing but yeah, not my bag. All the "Check out this superstar!" stuff is annoying but I can see this providing a ton of enjoyment for people who like it! Almost wanted to hook the 4K TV up to see what that looks like but canna be arsed lol.

Gonna try Flight simulator out though.

EDIT: Also turning off internet automatically turned on the screen reader in the game lol.
                            Last edited by Brad; 10-11-2021, 09:47.

Comment

My Couple of years old now gaming laptop could run this on High settings at 60fps it looks nice, took the best part of an hour to download and reminded me why i hate pc gaming as all my bloody drivers needed updating for gamepass I'm not joking when i say i spent about 90% of my time updating and about 10% gaming, not noticed many stutters so far, but got hit by the you've been disconnected from xbox a few times.

Initial load times on PC are pretty high this is something to do with it compiling all its shaders for your specific graphics hardware, and even on high end pcs this is a slow process according to Eurogamer. Once in though its all pretty seamless, That opening is pretty amazing and the way it zips through each different environment and chucks you into a number of different cars is great. Did a few missions after that including a showstopper a few races and a barn find and i cant wait to get stuck in and play it some more.

If anything though it made me seriously consider picking up a cheap series S, or even an X as theirs quite a bit not on gamepass pc i do want to play, (things like deaths door not being on pc is a bit of a kicker) for someone who's not had an xbox console for a couple of years now theirs plenty to get stuck into.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 10-11-2021, 10:10.

Comment

I needed to update my graphics driver and the game took a while to start up but it's been fine on that front since. It mostly all seemed to be initial set up too, the game setting up its own benchmark settings going forward. Only issue I've had is I had some warnings about data streaming but the game went to put everything set to Extreme so I dialled that down a little and it seems to have knocked it on the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X