This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    it still leaves the question how long will it be able to keep up for though?
    There will always be people who don't mind 30fps. So that frame rate will keep the machine relevant this generation.

Of course, there will be plenty of underdemanding games that manage 60fps on the Series S. It's an attractive machine for some gamers.

Comment

I think we have to remember most people will be playing on a 1080p/720p TV that can't do 60fps. For them it's not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I think we have to remember most people will be playing on a 1080p/720p TV that can't do 60fps. For them it's not a problem.
        I doubt there’s a TV that can’t manage 60fps at 720p/1080p.

Unless you meant 120fps?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I'm pretty sure that all LCD TVs can handle 60Hz -- unless there's some ancient 720p TV that can only work with 50Hz.

Anyway, maybe a lot of games running on the Series S will be 60fps -- even if it's only in 1080p. Some people have mentioned 1440p, so maybe we'll see a lot of games running in 1440p at 60fps. I'm just assuming that all the blockbuster technically demanding games will run at 30fps.

Comment

Those dodgy drivers have completely eradicated the input latency over both Bluetooth and wired USB (PC).

Although yeah, my triggers give that grinding sensation if I happen to apply inwards horizontal pressure, which only ever happens if I purposely do that. The plastic feels a bit cheap, but it's a fine pad overall.

14 days of Game Pass, then I went and got three months of Game Pass Ultimate for €1. This is something like the fourth promotion I've taken advantage of now. How do they make their money?
            Last edited by dataDave; 05-12-2020, 17:06.

Comment

Comment

They've created a Trackmania-esque mode. I think it's going to be fun.

Comment

Any idea when the Series X is going to come back into stock, it’s been nearly a month since release and I haven’t t seen any restocks since. I let my sister have my launch unit for my nephew, I’m now hankering for the Series X but I’m not paying scalper prices.

Comment

Keep an eye on Jelly Deals on Twitter for restocking information. Got to imagine there will be some soon.

Comment

Yeah i keep checking most retailer sites every day but not luck so far. I have put my name into the hat from Box.co.uk but not holding out much hope for that.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

3hr campaign expansion inbound for Gears of War 5

Comment

Also -

New Halo: Infinite multiplayer screenshots:

Hey everyone, I’m Joseph Staten. If you’ve been a longtime part of the Halo community, you may already know me. If you’re new to the community: Hello! It’s great to meet you. I was part of the Bungie team who made Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. I came […]

And it's been confirmed that the game will launch Fall 2021

Comment

If its confirmed for Fall 2021 then surely it is coming day and date with the Halo Anniversary... I mean, why wouldn't you?!

At this point I am just glad they're taking their time with it and hopefully the difficulties they've faced in development (internally and externally) will be a thing of the past.

As for general Xbox news, man things are dropping in fast at the moment. I noticed Rainbow Six Siege now runs at 120fps so I played some of that last night to try it out. Probably a game I'd argue doesn't need to run at such a high rate but the latency improvements are nice.

Destiny 2 also received it's 4K60 patch and that was dropping last night. Plus the new "trackmania" blueprint mode for Forza Horizon 4 released so that is something else I am eager to try out.

Then I noticed Gears 5 is getting a new hivebusters DLC free next week and also a game I've been tracking hit game pass, Call of the Sea... looks great.

All this and work told me yesterday that is it giving everyone a half day tomorrow as a mental health freebie... the day Cyberpunk releases!

Comment

Halo looks great in those shots. A much bigger improvement over the initial showing. I'm still concerned about the '10 years of support' GaaS angle. I doubt very much they'll keep this going for 10 years.
                              'Forza X Trackmania' looks brilliant fun too.

Comment

I see MS have now confirmed cloud streaming is coming to iOS and PC by Spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X