This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I don’t understand the interest in just flying a plane about unless you are going to blow stuff up, no matter how pretty it looks! Still, that’s one flight simulator more than PlayStation will get.
    I think it’s a novelty thing. People like flying by their house and favourite sports stadiums. A bit like your phones mapping application but with more crashes. And in the COVID era it’s the closet we’ll get to jumping on a plane for a while.

Comment

Very interesting tidbit emerging is that the Series S/X failed to outperform the Xbox One in the platforms No.1 historical territory - America

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=

Very interesting tidbit emerging is that the Series S/X failed to outperform the Xbox One in the platforms No.1 historical territory - America
        Xbox has other territories? Kidding, theres always trying to take Japan eh MS? Sniggers.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=

I think people forget what a flyer XBO (and PS4) got off too. That said as noted by Ahmad both new machines probably would sell many, many more if supply was more bountiful.

Comment

Yep, there's some rumbles supply could be an issue with XSX which would make sense but at the same time you'd think MS would have prioritised its biggest market and not been caught on the backfoot during its most critical window. I imagine that's still a key part but it's also been easier for people to rationalise waiting on picking up the Xbox's as well compared to Sony and Nintendo's machines.

Comment

you'd think MS would have prioritised its biggest market
              Who's to say they didn't? Maybe the US is getting more regular supplies but just had a very constrained day-one volume.

Comment

Also 'where to buy a PS5?' is the top where to buy search in the US.
                'where to buy a seriesX?' is number 4.

Explore the searches that shaped 2020, from Google Trends. #yearinsearch

Supply is one thing, but it looks like people just want a PS5 more.

Comment

Watched a film for the first time on the Series X last night and the drive rattled like and auld steam engine (with console vertical). Problem went away when tried it horizontal (oo-er). Seems like a common issue ... not sure whether I should return it

Comment

I watched a film on my Series X last night with the console in vertical orientation and it was very quiet. Have you tried any other discs?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      I watched a film on my Series X last night with the console in vertical orientation and it was very quiet. Have you tried any other discs?
                      I haven't ... will try that but I'm not hopeful give what I've read online.

Comment

My sX had been on its side and that was the first disc I have tried in vertical orientation. I had a disc a few years back that played but was noisy in whichever machine I tried it in. Fingers crossed your console is ok.

Comment

So I see Skyrim has now hit game pass. It's the special edition and a few people have posted on YouTube you're able to unlock the frame rate to get it 5o a solid 60fps using mod and also keep achievements working.

Plus of course you can now play this on Android via game pass cloud as well.... Not bad, you know... For people that might not have played it on a million other platforms before.

Comment

I don't see Skyrim.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              I don't see Skyrim.

My mistake, coming tomorrow.

Here's how to run 60fps with achievements still working.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Same here. My unit is so quiet. Maybe some units have different disc drives.

Comment

Working...
                                X