Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d try something as basic as a hard reset of the console. Works for most of the issues my kids have

Hope they’re not just trying to pull a fast one [MENTION=6572]BIG EDD[/MENTION] ... and hope it gets sorted okay. Did you record the serial number(s)?

Comment

I would also say make sure the firmware on the controller is up to date but these days the Xbox prompts you to do that when you connect it.

Comment

2 months ago. Not your problem

Comment

Hi folks thanks for the feedback appreciate it. I thought it was weird that the button issue was a console fault. Everything was working 100% and I did a factory reset and booted up the console to the Home Screen and everything was working fine. If it was damaged in transit which still seems suspect to me, the courier is going to laugh when you try to claim two months down the line wtf?

Comment

I think this is a big mistake.
            By the time this comes out Sony will be shifting to PS5 only games. They also want to support this for 10 years, on current gen??
            And we've seen Cyberpunk run at a crawl on current gen. What cut backs are they going to need to apply to get this running at a good level on the Xbone?
            This should be next gen only.

Following the last-gen debacle of Cyberpunk 2077, many were wondering if 343 Industries would axe its Xbox One version of Halo: Infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              Happy Christmas all hope your enjoying your Series X/S

Any advice for the following?
              I sold on eBay, my Xbox One X on the 22nd Oct ready for the Series X. I had and email at 2230 on Christmas Eve from the buyer of my one X saying they have just set the machine up and the “A” button on the controller is not working. They are claiming they have tried a second controller and that is the same.

They’ve had the machine two months and only now they’ve tested it. The machine was in mint condition and everything working 100% and now they want a full refund. Will eBay judge this fairly and anybody come across this issue. I’ve googled faults on controllers and all I can find is make sure the firmware on the controller is up to date or change the controller?

Any info would be appreciated
              It sounds, to me at least, like they're either trying to pull a fast one or it's user error. I don't see how there could be a fault which means the A button doesn't work on any pad connected to the console.

How annoying to get a message like that late on Xmas Eve after selling it two months previously

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                It sounds, to me at least, like they're either trying to pull a fast one or it's user error. I don't see how there could be a fault which means the A button doesn't work on any pad connected to the console.

How annoying to get a message like that late on Xmas Eve after selling it two months previously
                Hi Wakka yes it pissed me off having that email at 2230 on Christmas Eve. Saying it ruined their sons Christmas and her brothers an IT expert and the console is faulty and want a full refund.
                I reset the console obviously and booted the machine back up and everything was working fine I even had to wait for the payment as she said she said she wasn’t getting paid until the Monday. Ebay is involved now but I’m sticking to my guns.

Comment

XBO Halo Infinite will be fine. The XBO version was always the primary one so I can't imagine MS will fumble with a poor version for that generation at all, the XSX version will still just be an XBO game with bells and whistles.

Comment

Hi Wakka yes it pissed me off having that email at 2230 on Christmas Eve. Saying it ruined their sons Christmas and her brothers an IT expert and the console is faulty and want a full refund.
                    I reset the console obviously and booted the machine back up and everything was working fine I even had to wait for the payment as she said she said she wasn’t getting paid until the Monday. Ebay is involved now but I’m sticking to my guns.
                    Sounds like a fast one to me too, mainly because there is no damn way the console is responsible for a non-responsive controller button... The fact they waited 2 months to then tell you on Christmas Eve just sounds dodgy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Sounds like a fast one to me too, mainly because there is no damn way the console is responsible for a non-responsive controller button... The fact they waited 2 months to then tell you on Christmas Eve just sounds dodgy as well.
                      Agree mate I’ve refused the refund and waiting to hear from EBay.
                      Having a great Christmas so far as a 40 foot fir tree from the house two doors up crashed into out extension 3am this morning. Damaged our roof, ripped my Sky Q dish off and landed on our utility roof. Not sure about the utility roof as we can’t move the tree. Fire service came as our neighbour contacted them as they have had similar damage. Roll on 2021

Comment

Agree mate I’ve refused the refund and waiting to hear from EBay.
                        Having a great Christmas so far as a 40 foot fir tree from the house two doors up crashed into out extension 3am this morning. Damaged our roof, ripped my Sky Q dish off and landed on our utility roof. Not sure about the utility roof as we can’t move the tree. Fire service came as our neighbour contacted them as they have had similar damage. Roll on 2021
                        Crikey mate sounds like this nonsense is the least of your worries. At least everyone was in bed at 3am and it only hit the extension. Mental.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Crikey mate sounds like this nonsense is the least of your worries. At least everyone was in bed at 3am and it only hit the extension. Mental.
                          On the plus side, I managed to install Cyberpunk on my Series X but haven’t had time to play it

Comment

Bought Dark souls remastered from CD Keys £10-99 This has to be easier than Demon souls???

Comment

Part two of the Xbox One X saga. I refused the refund on EBay and now the buyer has gone to PayPal and is now claiming the console is jumping all over the place and wants a full refund??
                              Been on EBay since 2002 and seen a lot of time wasters and scammers take over this website in the past few years, shame really

Still can’t get over how good Gears 5 DLC Hivebusters looks. HDR seems to be up there with some of the best seen on console
                              Last edited by BIG EDD; 02-01-2021, 02:15.

Comment

Yeah the HDR in Gears 5 is great all round but I think Hivebusters takes it up a couple of notches... its just a great looker and not a bad way to spend 4 hours.

That's an absolute crap fest about your ongoing ebay woes. I suppose if it was a legitimate issue I'd have done the same and gone to paypal next but everything they seem to be saying about the issues just doesn't add up. Hope it gets resolved for you soon (and in the way you hope).

Comment

Working...
                                X