• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Actually it is. One x is 6 teraflops vs 4 on the series S
    Uh-oh. Brace for meltdown!!!

Comment

What I'm liking with my Series S is that I don't have to sit there trying to decide between Performance / Graphics modes.

Just load the game and play. With my One X I'd sit there swapping between the two trying to decide which I prefer. Did that more than playing!

Comment

But it's all about the flops! We were promised!
        Do most games default to performance or graphics mode? Should be a good indicator for which way devs land when the options aren't viable anymore

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          What I'm liking with my Series S is that I don't have to sit there trying to decide between Performance / Graphics modes.

Just load the game and play. With my One X I'd sit there swapping between the two trying to decide which I prefer. Did that more than playing!
          Honestly if those modes were present on the Series S versions I would like MS to introduce the user preferences in settings much like we're seeing on PS5.

I would normally go for frame rate 99% of the time but there's the odd slower pace game where I'd go for resolution.

Comment

Here's Series S making the One X look old, ray tracing on a £250 console. Pretty impressive really.

Comment

Thanks @nonny. That was a great analysis of ray tracing on the fours systems!

The author's shock that "The series X ray tracing is not as good as this £410 graphics card!" made me laugh though. Who would expect it to be!? Looks like it the X does a really good job of it. Series S not too shabby at all given the price, although clearly quite a few comporomises AS YOU'D EXPECT ON A CONSOLE COSTING JUST £250!

I'm interested in the PS5 vs the Series X. We all know what the series S is for but how do the two top models compare!?
              Last edited by Brad; 13-11-2020, 18:08.

Comment

Yep, the first 12-18 months will be a pill of reality but really they seem to do a good job of current RT implementations and so it's more the comparison between consoles that will continue to be the key interest point

Comment

Comparisons of Valhalla on Series X/PS5 point to PS5 just pipping Series X. More stable (dynamic) resolution. Series X occasionally screen tears. Gathered from Twitter (John Linneman).
                  Last edited by hudson; 13-11-2020, 22:10.

Comment

I ordered an Expansion card from Microsoft that has disappeared along with lots of other peoples, due to some error in the system apparently. At the moment I’m being told they are looking into it and I should get it soon, but with no definite date.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Comparisons of Valhalla on Series X/PS5 point to PS5 just popping Series X. More stable (dynamic) resolution. Series X occasionally screen tears. Gathered from Twitter (John Linneman).
                      Yeah I've seen some screen tearing on the Series X when using the Raven but otherwise it's fine. Series S doesn't seem to do it...

Comment

Given the reports of how similar the versions of most games are, if there's not a simple fix they should just make the XSX dynamic instead of sticking native for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          Yeah I've seen some screen tearing on the Series X when using the Raven but otherwise it's fine. Series S doesn't seem to do it...
                          The DMC comparison was interesting. They couldn't explain some of the framerate drops the seriesX was having. I wonder if a firmware update is needed just to tweak the CPU. It's almost like it's tripping over itself to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            The DMC comparison was interesting. They couldn't explain some of the framerate drops the seriesX was having. I wonder if a firmware update is needed just to tweak the CPU. It's almost like it's tripping over itself to get the job done.
                            Yeah that one was weird. Bound to be a mixture of new dev tools and a few bugs in the firmware...

Comment

My copy of Yakuza like a dragon turned up today. Loving the game as it’s so off the wall but it has some big bugs.
                              Went into club sega and selected space harrier. Game told me my controller wasn’t connected. Then I finished the game and exited out to the main game and it reset back to the Home Screen. This also happened with virtua fighter 5. Looked online and other users have suffered the same bug. I’ve had a lighting glitch in a restaurant were I looked up at the chandelier and the screen went white then flashed and then back to normal.
                              Hope it gets patched soon as it’s a crazy game and enjoying it.

Comment

As for Dirt 5 and no controller rumble is also a known bug. Patch supposed to be coming in a day or two so I won’t be playing it until then.

Comment

Working...
                                X