This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Over 1200 listings on eBay from fecking scalpers - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...esc=0&_ipg=200

Grates my cheese that there are people who genuinely wanted one to use that didn't get one because of these people.

Worse than Mengele
    F the scalpers. Scum they are.

Comment

Why most of the Valve games on the store say 'NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'?

I always wanted to try the Left 4 Dead games.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Why most of the Valve games on the store say 'NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE'?

I always wanted to try the Left 4 Dead games.
        I think you have to buy via a 360 or the website; https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/P...5-d80245410830

The message I get if I look up these up, even though both games show as Series S|X & Xbox One compatible:

Buy on Xbox.com or Xbox 360. You can’t buy this on Xbox One.

Comment

Man, Im struggling. Maybe it's because I'm using my phone. The link you sent me was good, I could the buy button, but I then used search to look for Left 4 Dead 2, which I found, but no price or buy button. Crazy

Comment

Does this help, Left 4 Dead 2 - 360 link? https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/P...5-d802454108d4

Not sure, although on my phone (Android, Chrome) as long as I don't click on the suggested results and search for 'left 4 dead 2' and then scroll down to the Xbox 360 games I can see the 360 marketplace pages as well.
            Last edited by Digfox; 14-11-2020, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
              Does this help, Left 4 Dead 2 - 360 link? https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/P...5-d802454108d4

Not sure, although on my phone (Android, Chrome) as long as I don't click on the suggested results and search for 'left 4 dead 2' and then scroll down to the Xbox 360 games I can see the 360 marketplace pages as well.
              Thanks, that works.

Comment

There's some funky stuff going on with the store and game pass curation at the moment.

I've seen Gears Tactics disappear from game pass and then re-appear... Same with a few other EA games.

As for buying content, Microsoft made a big change roughly a month ago to allow you to download titles without first paying for them. Pre-load them basically.

Since then the only way to buy older titles is via the web browser. Through apps or the dashboard it just seems to give you the option to download and install.

Personally I don't like this new method as I used to switch regions in the android app to purchase from different store regions previously and now that option has gone. Hopefully they fix it all to make it more user friendly over time.

Comment

Well the biggest surprise to me is now how good Ori looks and plays the 120 FPS is something else in this and the whole game looks stunning even more so now...

Comment

TA are you seeing as much of a boost in clarity going from 60 to 120 fps as the leap from 30 to 60?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      TA are you seeing as much of a boost in clarity going from 60 to 120 fps as the leap from 30 to 60?
                      I think it depends on the game, sort of like how Sonic Adv seemed super smooth until you played Sonic Adv II. For the skilled player, I guess it's massive in Gears V multiplayer, but it doesn't do much for me, I'm not using it in Dirt V since I rather the extra shine of the 4K mode at 60 PS but in Ori, it's a night and day difference it's incredible it really is

Comment

The Series X was featured on The Gadget Show last night and to demonstrate the graphics they played Dirt 5 ... in 2-player split screen!!! Massive face-palm

Comment

Anyone played the Falconeer yet? I've got £20 in MS rewards credit and the game is only £25...

Comment

I've only tried Ori in that 6K downsampled 4K60 mode and that made my eyes water it was so beautiful.

The Touryst also does this but I finished that game a few weeks back...

Comment

I've played a little bit of Falconeer on PC and wasn't sold on it myself. It's a hard one as considering the small dev nature there's a lot to like about it and I do think some will really take to it for its charms, the reason it didn't click with me was that the gameplay itself felt really unsatisfying. There's almost no feel to the combat, like it lacked a sense of impact and refinement that it needed. Shooting feels like you're shooting out of spit straws but given it's not a AAA title it's hard to be too down on it either given there's a lot of charm to the style and what does work. It's a difficult one so I'd say it will rest an awful lot on watching gameplay vids etc and basing it on comparisons to other games you've enjoyed of as close a stablemate position you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                I've played a little bit of Falconeer on PC and wasn't sold on it myself. It's a hard one as considering the small dev nature there's a lot to like about it and I do think some will really take to it for its charms, the reason it didn't click with me was that the gameplay itself felt really unsatisfying. There's almost no feel to the combat, like it lacked a sense of impact and refinement that it needed. Shooting feels like you're shooting out of spit straws but given it's not a AAA title it's hard to be too down on it either given there's a lot of charm to the style and what does work. It's a difficult one so I'd say it will rest an awful lot on watching gameplay vids etc and basing it on comparisons to other games you've enjoyed of as close a stablemate position you can think of.
                                Thanks... I was waiting for reviews but even though it's out nowhere seems to have reviewed it at all which sets off alarm bells.

Shame because as you say it's a one dev team and I like supporting the little guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X