This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    YOU CAN SEE DOWN CORRIDORS!!! I'm so jealous if only other systems let you see down corridors, god dam Microsoft with its exclusivity on seeing down corridors.
    Its been the exclusive feature of the generation for sure.

Comment

AMD Corridor FX technology makes it possible.

Comment

All i can say is i cannot wait to see Halo Infinite’s corridors. No doubt it was the reason for the delay to get these exactly right. You can’t have worlds best corridors on the box and not have the worlds best corridors.

Comment

And the flops. They packed so many flops in there you can technically have infinitely long corridors.

Comment

I still remember the furore across the internet when they released the first footage of Halo Infinite and people couldn't believe it when it showed two adjacent rooms and no corridor connecting them. It's insane MS thought that was suitable for a new console, it's good they're taking the time to go back and put corridors in to every possible space in the game. Otherwise, what's the point of the system?

Comment

At this point Halo is going to be like the 'backrooms'. Just endless string of corridors, all lovingly ray traced and flop'd.

Comment

At least MS can happily avoid any lawsuits now with having the best corridors. You just can’t put that sort of thing in adverts and not deliver.

Comment

I figured a gaming forum would appreciate wide open spaces in games, but you’ve all got tunnel vision.

Comment

Dolby vision arrives on Xbox. Again, this is a nice bit of tech I wish the PS5 had. It just adds a bit more colour spacing and limits black crush on non HDR screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Dolby vision arrives on Xbox. Again, this is a nice bit of tech I wish the PS5 had. It just adds a bit more colour spacing and limits black crush on non HDR screens.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc...h=5a4559efd1dd
                      I've been trying this out on mine yesterday but my TV doesn't support DV at frame rates higher than 60, so it's a trade off between it and normal HDR at 120fps.

It definitely adds some punch to the visuals though so I think depending on the title you'd switch back and forth, unless of course your TV can run it at 120 with ticks across the board.

Comment

Is Dolby Vision available for UHD films or just gaming?

Comment

It's only for games at present. Shame really as it would be beneficial for UHD playback too.

Comment

Surprised it needed clarifying but here we go anyway

Comment

I have emerged from the corridor to the outside. Hyrule field also seems wonderful. But I might go back inside to look at some more walls and stuff first.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Surprised it needed clarifying but here we go anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X