This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Really, it's all just frustration. We've experiences Microsoft and Xbox when they've both been hungry for success and also firing on all cylinders during the late Xbox/first half Xbox 360 era and we're roughly a decade in and MS is still more talk than action.

It's been around a decade of weak E3's and just under that for weak line ups from MS. There's no denying that they've clearly woken up to their mistakes and weaknesses but it remains infuriating that as time goes on it's all the more obvious how late they've woken up. It does feel like they spent years developing Series S and X then on the night before sign off went to try a game on them a realised they hadn't made one so have started panic buying everything in sight to try and claw the situation back.

I mean, looking at Game Pass and if they can get it succcessfully on everything and also purchase base release on other formats also like they have with Steam... getting really hard to see why they don't just become a third party company where they'd be a giant and be able to sell their games on much more successful platforms even if said platforms won't support GP, at least they'd save themselves the huge hardware costs.
    I still remember being blown away with Lost Planet on the 360! they launched a demo to coincide with E3 so we got see this amazing looking new IP from Capcom and then got to play it the same day. This made it a day one purchase for me. They pulled similar things with Dead Rising giving everyone a 20 minute demo where you could piss about in the first area of the shopping center was amazing. I want that Microsoft back the one that had a stream of amazing new ips backed up by new and interesting indie game showcases every week via xbox live arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      When Sony did its state of play last year they had all kinds of stuff on it including indie games. I have no problem with indie games being on a showcase, why would I.
      The issue I think MS finds itself in with Psychonauts is that they don't have anything resembling a platformer to go toe to toe with R&C. So the assumption is that Psychonauts fits that hole. If it doesn't, then what does MS have as competition?
      In fact, based purely on what was shown what does MS have that directly competes with:
      The Last of Us
      Bloodborne
      God of war
      Spiderman
      Horizon
      Gravity rush

I'm trying not to be some Sony fan boy, but for the love of god MS step up to the plate!
      Equally what has Sony got that competes with Halo and Forza Horizon?

Sony is very heavily focused on the story driven 3rd person style. They don't really have anything in the FPS space that comprises campaign, co-op, multi and user creation.

Killzone, Resistance even Syphon Filter etc... I miss those games even though some of them were varied in quality.

Forza Horizon... Well Drive Club wasn't it? That came close but now Sony has Gran Turismo and that's it... And with PD always taking their sweet ass time on releasing it that's a lot of gaps between big original racing titles.

So I think all the major platform holders have a slight issue with genre diversity. But it depends on yours tastes doesn't it.

Personally I'm not frustrated in the slightest with the news and schedule. There's so much I want to play on that list.

Comment

Sony doesn't have a FPS that competes with Halo.
        But MS does...
        Doom
        Wolfenstein
        Destiny
        Battlefield
        Stalker 2
        Fallout 76
        ESO
        Farcry 6

That's not including fortnite and Apex Legends.

Just how many FPS can people play?

Comment

They are all very different types of gameplay you've listed there - and Fallout 76 is an FPS? Doom is as different as Battlefiend is as different as Destiny.

Comment

OK, I give up.
            Xbox is the best. Yey for MS. I can't wait to play all those games.

Comment

You put a list up and inferred that they're all the same, when that's clearly not the case at all - and you've been very selective - there's clearly more than just FPS games on the Xbox platform.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                You put a list up and inferred that they're all the same, when that's clearly not the case at all - and you've been very selective - there's clearly more than just FPS games on the Xbox platform.
                Couldn't agree more. I think hands down it's been the best showcase of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Couldn't agree more. I think hands down it's been the best showcase of all time.
                  Is that how you throw you toys out the pram? I don't think anyone here has claimed it set the world alight - but there's still plenty there to keep owners of Xbox consoles entertained: They're hardly in dire straights at Redmond Towers.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    Is that how you throw you toys out the pram? I don't think anyone here has claimed it set the world alight - but there's still plenty there to keep owners of Xbox consoles entertained: They're hardly in dire straights at Redmond Towers.
                    Nah. It's was brilliant. I can't wait for Stalker 2; that game where you walk around in first person and shoot things. It's not a FPS though.

Comment

You need to chill out dude. It's just Microsoft's first party lineup for 2021/2, it ain't life and death.

For me, a middling showing. I don't think it's disastrously bad by any means - Halo and Forza both look eminently solid entries, and the dangling prospect of the Arkane shooter and Starfield in 2022 are intriguing, but there's absolutely nothing there to change the status of PS5 as the default console for most people.

Comment

The Doom Eternal next gen upgrade will be nice.
                        Thats also a game were you walk around in first person and shoot things but isn't a FPS

Comment

the beans have bin spilled Todd Howard has said Starfield plays like skyrim but in space........

So your your flying through space then bam your camera is pulled to the side a guy flying through space in what looks like a rusty barrel demands your cargo, you instantly destroy him and his ship like your swatting a fly and then loot bits of his lvl one cask type ship to sell to a cat person four planets away.

On route to said planet you see an interesting looking planet that you land on and then loose the rest of the evening going further and further down a rabbit hole of a side quest given to you by a scruffy looking local who is trying to work out who stole his space turnips. During this mission you encounter space crabs, space witches and lots of bandits who all have the same face and at the end of this quest you get a sick new laser sword. its epic man i cant wait for you to all play it
                          Ok the above quote is not him but he did say it plays like Skrim in space hows that gonna work, Skyrim has a really tailored world so how are they gonna make it feel like you have freedom to explore an entire galaxy but also not like your missing loads of what is going on, How the hell would you scale up skrim to the size of a galaxy without cutting corners.

Last edited by Lebowski; 14-06-2021, 16:03.

Comment

I'm mostly intrigued to see how pickpocketing works with those big space suits on.

Comment

Jesus what does it matter what games are released on what consoles. It really is pathetic seeing grown men (i assume lol) arguing what games are on Xbox and what PS5 has in comparison, does it really matter? Both systems have their good exclusive games, equally both have their turds, and in most cases some games just arent to everyones taste. I personally have zero interest in Last of Us series, i however love the Forza Horizon series, thats just my personal preferance, doesnt mean i then compare the two and that means one console lords it over the other. Seriously, drawing up lists of games and comparing the two consoles? Thats the kind of thing i used to do in the 90's when i was teenager. Both PS5/Series X have great potenial, can argue neither have really fully realised it yet. Some people may have been disapointed in what Xbox showed last night, i thought it was fine, enjoyable hour, certainly much more entertaining than watching Ubisoft and Square Enix bore me to death.
                              Last edited by gambit6613; 14-06-2021, 16:31.

Comment

Yeah damn right. **** console wars.
                                The other night I dreamt Bill Gates wanked me off with a master chief gauntlet.

Comment

Working...
                                X