This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    im happy their is a bit of activity for a change, the last few pages of discussion are about people wanting Microsoft to do better in regards to bringing interesting games to their console like they did in the golden age of the 360, a Halo and a Forza is the main reason to get an xbox this year and thats not enough for some people. Being vocal about that suddenly makes you a Sony fan boy? really why aren't we Nintendo fanboys their doing well too aren't they?
    That's all I was trying to do; just highlight and try and get people to look objectively. But anyway, I've seen the light now. Xbox is the best.

Comment

I think MS is just much more cautious about VR because of the failure of Kinect.

I still wouldn't write the possibility off completely by surely any niche add-on device rings alarm bells but them...

Comment

Kinect was utter garbage that didn't work properly tho - VR is a completely different proposition - it does work and the experience is amazing.

I very much doubt Kinect has anything to do with it (MS has plenty of failed hardware ventures and they keep doing them). The biggest issue I see is the cost of entry, unless you're massively subsidising the costs (as Facebook is with the Quest 2) then the outlay is upwards of £500 - I don't think the numbers are really there unless you can get that down to under the £300 barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          I think MS is just much more cautious about VR because of the failure of Kinect.

I still wouldn't write the possibility off completely by surely any niche add-on device rings alarm bells but them...
          The original kinect had a crazy attach rate it sold 8 million units in its first 60 days earning it a Guinness World Record for fastest selling consumer electronics device. It's just that the software didn't keep that momentum going, i still bought that terrible Star Wars game though and lots of other terrible kinect games too

My most played kinect game well my kids most played game was Double Fines Happy Action Theater. The promise of what it could do just didn't match up or work as well as a wiimote which was its downfall. them double dipping on it with the One and not getting basics fixed like tracking, space requirements, or decent voice controls really killed it for me.

With VR their is a massive library of games and experiences on pc and psvr that could be sold to xbox gamer's or added to game pass the likes of Super hot, Beat sabre, and job simulator wouldn't be to hard to port as they already work on WMR.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...09%09%09%09%09

Xbox Series X will run the game at 4K 30fps, Series S at 1080p 30fps - Turn10 are going to include a performance mode to provide a 60fps option but haven't detailed the cutbacks yet. Whatever you choose though ray tracing is restricted to just Forzavista mode.
            Turn 10 do Forza Motorsport, this would be Playground Games.

I'd assume going off FH4 the performance mode is somewhere around 1440p-1800p dynamic on Series X but I hope they get a performance mode for Series S.

On a side note, given Playground are using this engine for Fable as well this bodes well for that game. The detail and draw distance in the gameplay trailer was great.

Comment

ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest demo is on again this year, starting today and lasting a week.
              It’s time! We are excited to showcase 40 awesome demos of unreleased games on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Just like last year’s Summer Game Demo event, you can download and play these in the comfort of your own home between June 15 – 21. Demos will be playable starting today, and we encourage […]

Already tried and downloaded Lake, Sable, Black Book, Tunic, Teapot all worth taking a look at.
              There’s something on here for everyone. The free demos available to download for one week only but can be played after that time, just the window of availability is small.

List of the game available.

• A Juggler’s Tale (kaleidoscube)
              • Antipole DX (Saturnine Games)
              • Arietta of Spirits (Third Spirit Games)
              • BattleCakes (Volcano Bean)
              • Black Book (Morteshka)
              • Button City (Subliminal)
              • Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four (Elder Games)
              • Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered (Manekoware)
              • Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Doborog)
              • Clouzy! (Tinymoon)
              • ConnecTank (YummyYummyTummy)
              • Death Trash (Crafting Legends)
              • Deathtrap Dungeon: The Golden Room (Good Gate Media)
              • Dreamers (PlaySys)
              • Echo Generation (Cococucumber)
              • Faraday Protocol (Red Koi Box)
              • Fractal Space (Haze Games)
              • Get Packed: Fully Loaded (Coatsink)
              • Godstrike (Overpowered)
              • Justice Sucks: Recharged (Samurai Punk)
              • Lake (Gamious)
              • Lawn Mowing Simulator (Skyhook Games)
              • Mad Streets (Craftshop)
              • Mayhem Brawler (Hero Concept)
              • Paint the Town Red (South East Games)
              • Princess Farmer (Samobee Games)
              • Sable (Shedworks)
              • Sail Forth (David Evans Games)
              • Strings Theory (BeautifulBee)
              • Tanknarok (Polyblock Studio)
              • Teacup (Smarto Club)
              • The Eternal Cylinder (ACE Team)
              • The Riftbreaker (EXOR Studios)
              • The Strange Story Of Brian Fisher: Chapter 2 (Intetic)
              • The Tale of Bistun (Black Cube Games)
              • Trigger Witch (Rainbite)
              • Tunic (Isometricorp)
              • Wreck Out (Four5Six)

Comment

Tunic looks awesome.

Btw... Digital Foundry analysis of the showcase.

Short version is they (mostly) liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  PS5 is a piece of **** anyway. Who wants to play story driven games.
                  4 player horde games for the win. Am I right!!
                  Lol, I really enjoyed the Last of Us 2. That was on PS4 though

Comment

Guys I want to apologise. I went full crazy for a while. I back to normal now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Guys I want to apologise. I went full crazy for a while. I back to normal now.
                      No need to apologise... Unless you bought a Series X on impulse?

Comment

Don't get too excited about the new controller for Flight Simulator:

unless you want to pretend you work for Easy Jet (I get that some people do enjoy this stuff, I just don't know why).

Comment

Seriously some people take flight sims really far. Do quick Google of flight sim setups. One is basically an entire 747 cockpit in a room.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            No need to apologise... Unless you bought a Series X on impulse?
                            Youll never catch me buying one of those pieces of...

Calm... Calm...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Don't get too excited about the new controller for Flight Simulator:

unless you want to pretend you work for Easy Jet (I get that some people do enjoy this stuff, I just don't know why).
                              Most of the aircraft in the game suit that type of flight stick, but damn, that's ugly looking. The Airbus A320 uses a joystick style stick, which the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus edition is supposed to represent, but that hasn't been listed as supported on the Xbox.

Perhaps it looks better without the purple background.

Comment

Working...
                              X