This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    Looks like I'd need a 3D printer or something...
    To print that heat-resistant tray to avoid scorching your legs?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm not sure a 3d printer would cut it, you need some sort of heatsheid device too to avoid irradiating your testicles

Comment

I noticed the xScreen blocks the other USB port and the LAN port, but maybe they're using that space for some of the bits and bobs.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        You jest, but I checked their Kickstarter and the vertical stand with the Xbox face-down is intriguing.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        I'm not sure a 3d printer would cut it, you need some sort of heatsheid device too to avoid irradiating your testicles
        My boys enjoy an occasional swim in the onsen
        Last edited by randombs; 09-07-2021, 08:48.

Comment

I think they're using the usb for power aren't they?

I like this and nearly went for it but it's not something I really need and part of me wants it to be a slightly better screen.

1080p and 60hz is passable but really I can feel already there might be a better model coming out if this is popular.

1440p with HDR support would be nice.

Comment

You'd need money to throw away to back that when they haven't even decided which panels to go with. Until then they can't even put out a proper spec sheet.

IPS/TN? Latency/pixel response?

Comment

For many I imagine it's trouble waiting to happen just like the screen for PS1 was back in the day. Assuming the screen is decent and doesn't break in no time the system probably will, they're not built for the knock around mobility involves.

Comment

Some very positive hands on previews coming in for Psychonauts 2 ahead of the August release. Sounds like it'll be a great game on all platforms.

One thing I didn't realise which is slightly annoying for PS5 owners is the PS5 version will just be the PS4 Pro version running backward compatible.

That means it'll top out at 1440p60 whilst the Series X gets full 4K60 or 120fps.

I suppose it's to be expected given the multiplatform release, small team and recent acquisitions but a still a little knock back for the PS5 players.

Comment

No doubt this decision will hurt sales on the PlayStation, id kind of thought it was a gamepass exclusive up until i ready the above. I'm not sure if others look at things this way but if i see a game is day one on game-pass i reduce its value down to £10 and this affects if i pick it up or not. Take Outriders recently it was on my radar but seeing it on game-pass destroys its market value to me so i end up not picking it up at retail or digitally, and i put in in the reasons to sub to game-pass column of my brain, something i keep putting off until ive got through some of the backlog i want too finish

So Dose gamepass destroy the vaule of a game? outriders on PS5/Xbox is a £20 game now in a lot of places and second hand copies are super cheap despite it being a pretty new release in a pretty dry year.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 20-07-2021, 14:45.

Comment

Nah Psychonauts 2 was basically crowd funded before MS bought double fine and it's multi platform. It's coming out on last gen and PC...

I would definitely check it out somewhere as it looks great and the original was also brilliant. It is disappointing they skipped on bringing it up to parity on PS5 but at least 1440p and 60fps is still decent.

Speaking of game pass it's about to get a bit crazy as this month ends.

Battlefield V
                    Crimson Skies
                    Blink
                    The Ascent
                    Omno
                    Cris Tales
                    Flight Simulator

All before end of the month, with Psychonauts 2 coming in August. Mental.

Comment

So Dose gamepass destroy the vale of a game?
                      ..No..

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        ..No..
                        I think your right looking at outriders as an isolated example is cheaper on ps4 than it is on xbox you would think that it being on game pass would effect its value on that platform more but nope second hand copies are more expensive on xbox than on PlayStation. I'm not sure why you'd pay 60-30 for a game that is included on game-pass though.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 20-07-2021, 15:08.

Comment

Flight sim on game pass. I'd 100% give this a bash. Probably wouldn't play it much, but for 'free', sure why not.

I hope you have a cleared-out gaming schedule, as we’ve got many games to look forward to through the rest of July with Xbox Game Pass! On July 27, we’re taking to the skies with Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox Series X|S, plus we’re continuing our 20 Years of Xbox celebration with some beloved Xbox […]

Comment

I'm not sure why you'd pay 60-30 for a game that is included on game-pass though.
                            Well obviously you wouldn't (unless it disappeared from Game Pass and you still wanted to play it) - that doesn't make a game less valuable tho. It might mean that the retail price is lower in some places, but value doesn't rest solely on how much Game is selling a title for.

Game Pass has lead to me trying games I wouldn't have bothered playing at all and in some cases ended up purchasing once they'd left the service (I never thought I'd end up liking Farm Simulator for example).

In the case of Psychonauts 2 Randy Pitchford stated in the Q&A session after the press previews that the money from MS allowed them to give the game more polish - Game Pass made Psychonauts 2 a better game - that's got to have some value

Comment

I've done the same Marty... Lonely Mountain Downhill and Slay the Spire for me.

Would never have given them a second look but ended up purchasing and loving them both.

The foot traffic and visibility on the store for smaller titles is what makes its great for Indies. There is less risk, if they're multi-platform they're still getting orher revenue streams but lowering the overall risk and it's reaching a wider audience.

I saw some stat for Slay the Spire and a few other titles where people tried them on game pass and then went and bought the Switch version as well. I've also done this...

So yeah, there's no value to it...

Comment

I’m hoping the companies praising GamePass aren’t just shills and that it’s not like music streaming where artists earn a pittance for each play.

I’m less concerned about the perceived devaluing of games if GamePass is actually providing a decent and steady income for the devs.

Comment

Working...
                                X