User Tag List

Page 1 of 70 12311 ... LastLast

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 03

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...grade-analysis
    Digital Foundry have taken a look at Forza Horizon 4 upgraded on Series S/X.

Key takeaways:
    -Series X and S versions are mostly the same bar resolution and some environmental texture qualities
    -Loading is more than halved compared to XBX
    -Series S has some very minor stuttering but not in a manner that's an issue
    -High quality shadows and motion blue as well as SSAO from the XBX versions quality mode are absent and represent the cutbacks made for Series S/X to maintain 60fps

DF contacted MS who said that SSAO may be reintroduced in a patch.

And as a follow up to the Retroarch on Series S/X information, some games have now been tested to see what the consoles can emulate:

Interesting one with Forza. It looks great on Series X, this coming from someone who's played it extensively on the same TV on a One X. I honestly haven't noticed the omissions mentioned by DF but then that's their job and it's great that they've compared to the PC and looped in Playground Games as well.

I doubt any internal team at MS is done patching and tweaking enhancements for the new consoles so I'm sure we will see some improvement over time.

I actually think the OneX version looks better than the seriesS version when I watched that.

Anybody had issues with Dirt 5 and the controller rumble not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    I actually think the OneX version looks better than the seriesS version when I watched that.
    Well it should given it has a dynamic 4K60 performance mode and the Series S is hitting 1080p60.

That's because the One X is more powerful than the Series S isn't it?

Love my Series Stupid. Forza Horizon 4 is keeping me happy. Next week sees the Halo MCC get an XS update. Same day as PS5 arrival! I'm looking forward to playing through all that in co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    That's because the One X is more powerful than the Series S isn't it?
    It isn't, but it could start to feel that way. I fear that if it can't handle Forza from 2 years ago, how will it perform with a new Halo? Yes it'll be optimised, but in this definition optimised seems to mean compromised.

The 1X version should have higher resolution textures suited to the 4K target output. When zoomed in the 1X did look a bit better than the S. The lack of ambient occlusion on the Series consoles was odd though and MS have said it will be fixed.
    I don’t know how much we should expect to see from a mildly enhanced game realistically. It’s not like it’s a remaster or remake just a little tweak here and there.

It isn't, but it could start to feel that way. I fear that if it can't handle Forza from 2 years ago, how will it perform with a new Halo? Yes it'll be optimised, but in this definition optimised seems to mean compromised.
    Actually it is. One x is 6 teraflops vs 4 on the series S