This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    If it drops another £40 I’d consider it. Still way too expensive at present.
    Yeah I'm the same. If anything I want the full official RRP to drop and then I'd consider buying it from MS direct using rewards points. I think £150 is about right...

Comment

It's nothing definitive but currently being discussed is a tidbit that Xbox's big exclusives such as Perfect Dark and Fable are years away from release.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://youtu.be/bxLOM-Cf2mk
        It's nothing definitive but currently being discussed is a tidbit that Xbox's big exclusives such as Perfect Dark and Fable are years away from release.
        Slow news week I assume. Given we've only seen teaser trailers of both it's safe to say they're not coming till at least end of 2022 if not longer.

I figure besides Halo the next big games are going u be Forza Motorsport and Everwild. I say this because we've seen a fair bit of Everwild and they're actively looking for people to play test Forza in some form.

Comment

Tep, heard about Forza so seems reasonable we're on course for a Forza/Halo combo this Xmas. Interested with Forza too because that brief snippet was the one game they showed that looked like a true next gen advancement

Comment

Every Forza horizon, since 2 has been announced/revealed at E3/June and released September, so it’s a safe bet that Forza Horizon 4 will plop this September Halo Infinite November, CoD and usual suspects in between etc etc.

Comment

This Xmas it’ll be the Forza Motorsport game we’ve already seen, surely, rather than an as yet unannounced Horizon game?

Personally what I’m really interested to see is when Starfield will be coming - with MS cracking the whip it might not actually be 100 years away (like it would’ve been otherwise).

Comment

I'd love to know what's going on with Starfield, we know jack all but you'd hope it's something lined up for E3.

I don't think we will see a Forza Horizon until after the next Motorsport release. To be honest I love the series so much I would rather we wait a few years for them to really invest in it for a greater leap forward. The last two were fantastic but the formula was getting a bit stale even if the tech was improving. If they wanted a stop gap I would prefer a big DLC expansion to Horizon 4 as it's already running 60fps at looking good... Maybe Ireland and Isle of Man expansion with the introduction of bikes? I can dream.

Comment

Don't they alternate Motorsport / Horizon anyway?

So Motorsport will be next.

Comment

I said it before the Halo Infinite delay, Turn 10 have been helping 343i on Halo, that will have a knock on effect on their work also add that to the pandemic and Turn 10 original taking additional time after 7, I’m fairly sure we will see a reverse, Horizon this year and Motorsport next year.

FH - October 2013
                    FH 2 - September 2014
                    FH 3 - September 2016
                    FH 4 - October 2018
                    FH 5 - October 2021

The longest it’s ever gone between is 2 years,

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      I'd love to know what's going on with Starfield, we know jack all but you'd hope it's something lined up for E3.
                      I'm keeping my expectations very low.

1: It's Bethesda, so we know it's going to be a crash fest.
                      2: It's been in production for a long time. (see Duke Nukem & Cyberpunk)
                      3: The radio silence is probably not a good sign if its meant to be out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        I said it before the Halo Infinite delay, Turn 10 have been helping 343i on Halo
                        This was confirmed somewhere some time ago and was the reason for the Forza delay.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 11-04-2021, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          This was confirmed somewhere some time ago and was the reason for the Forza delay.
                          I knew they were helping out but we don't know how much of a time sink that's been or what the ongoing impact is for Forza Motorsport.

All I know is they are announcing a beta which looks like it'll start as early as July:

Comment

Retroarch
                            What to say? Well, it's fully up and running and frankly it's remarkable how well it works as well. I haven't tried any complex or large PS2 games but the smaller ones I've tried have run really well off the bat. As always Retroarch is a pain to set up but in terms of the console itself everything has worked well and immediately too. I'd say that if you really want a convenient TV set up its good or if you don't own a PC, there's really nothing to knock here. If you do then you're perhaps better off sticking with that option just because the UWP version it relies on is very behind the PC version development wise so you're options are limited in how the games appear in display. It's inspired me to properly set things up on PC though where I can force native 4K 60fps and now have the same wireless XSX controller set up. There's also no risk of accidental loss, the default option when switching to the Xbox UI to play normal games where it instinctively goes to delete all of Retroarch is a pain and all to easily to accidentally trigger.

As such I'm going to lean back using the Series S just to catch up on the few games that remain locked to it and then sell it on but it's definitely an amazingly built little system.

I also picked up the Game Pass Xbox HDD 4TB drive. It was priced fine enough, I'm using it with the PC instead and it's white instead of the awful green of the normal version. Bonus is it includes 2 months of GP Ultimate.

Comment

Between Retroarch and Gamepass it's a machine capable of playing thousands of games from the dawn of gaming up to right now. Crazy machine.

Comment

The default "wipe everything" setting needs changing, then I will set it up

Comment

Working...
                                X