Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having Quick Resume trouble with Star Wars Fallen Jedi and The Medium.

Both games quit back to their title screens after resuming if my Xbox was turned off in the meantime. Star Wars says the profile changed, and The Medium says the controller was disconnected.

With Star Wars I can at least find a save spot before shutting down so it’s not too bad, but The Medium has no manual save option - it just auto-saves at certain points in the story that are usually around 5-10 minutes apart.

Some people have had success with the “reset but keep games” option. Maybe I’ll try that...

Comment

I believe not all games are Quick Resume compatible yet but you would expect The Medium should be.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        I believe not all games are Quick Resume compatible yet but you would expect The Medium should be.
        They’re both compatible in that they do resume(and it says ‘quick resume’ in the corner when they load), but after resuming they mess up.

Here’s some people experiencing the Star Wars issue:

And a couple with The Medium:

Hilariously, Star Wars worked when I tried it just now. Maybe it saw me posting and decided to buck up

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          So Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered just got updated.

It's now got a livery editor but more importantly it's been upgraded to run at 4k60 on both Series X and PS5... Previously it was 4K30 or 1080p60.

Just tried it and yep, it's definitely a lot nicer now. The only weird thing is as far as I can tell the original performance/quality modes are unchanged but a new maximum mode has been added.
          Just installed my PS4 copy on my PS5. Looks and feels a lot better on maximum mode. Thanks for the heads up mate

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            Just installed my PS4 copy on my PS5. Looks and feels a lot better on maximum mode. Thanks for the heads up mate
            No worries, I would now officially class it as a remaster and worthy of next gen.

Weird as hell they just added a "maximum" graphics option though as now the other two don't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              I've had some funky things happen on select titles so it's a problem across the board. Some work, some don't... I find COD black ops gets framey when I quick resume as I'm running it 120fps but if I quit to the dash and re-enter the game it's fine again.

Basically if you're having issues I'd just hit menu and quit on the game in the dash and have it load without quick resume until they fix it.

They've already fixed it with a heap of games so hopefully it'll become less of an issue as we carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Well that didn't take long... SW Squadrons it's officially coming to game pass.
                I bought it at launch, waited to play it until I could get a flight stick.......and am still waiting!!

Comment

Full chromium edge browser... I'm wondering if this will also let users access cloud streaming on the consoles?

Comment

Can you plug a keyboard in? If so that’s a workable pc alternative for a lot of people!

Comment

Says that m+Kb support isn’t there atm, but I’m sure it will come.

Agreed that in a desk setup this makes it a viable Chrometop - albeit one with full modern gaming functionality! Really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Says that m+Kb support isn’t there atm, but I’m sure it will come.

Agreed that in a desk setup this makes it a viable Chrometop - albeit one with full modern gaming functionality! Really interesting.
                        Yeah keyboard support incoming, agree that would make it a serviceable desktop replacement for some, especially the Series S as it's so dinky. I actually didn't even think of that when I read this news.

I actually prefer Edge for pretty much everything these days now it's moved over to Chromium.

Comment

A small demo albeit streamed via PC because the native Xbox capture system won't work on the browser. So hard to tell if it's choppy just because of that but it's definitely full fat Edge/Chrome.

Comment

The buyout of Zenimax has been approved

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

Of course. Why spend all that cash.
                                As a playstation player I'll miss Doom and Wolfenstein.

Comment

Working...
                                X