Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza Horizon 5 will most probably convince me to buy a Series X. I hope that's it's bigger and better in every department. I can only imagine how amazing it could be, so I can't wait to find out what the developer has in store.

Comment

Horizon set in Japan would be amazing.

Imagine the awesome Touge race possibilities!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Horizon set in Japan would be amazing.

Imagine the awesome Touge race possibilities!!
        I've seen quite a few people mention they'd love it to be set in Japan. I'm sure the dev would do a great job creating a map that is full of variety and cool stuff.

I personally think setting it in the USA might give the sort of scope and variety I'd like to see.

I'm sure the dev will deliver something brilliant that will really impress people.

Comment

Can you imagine what a PGR would look like with today's graphics?!

Comment

Yep, a distinctly new setting would be great. The DLCs always show that the games are more variable than the main games suggest. Good as the game is I found Horizon 4's setting was the weakest and its time the series shook things up more as the four games are pretty iterative

Comment

I think 4 is the pinnacle of the series this far but mainly for the seasonal weather and 60fps performance. Other than that it's mostly the same quality (which is great) as Horizon 3.

I loved Horizon 3 as it was set in Australia and I knew the locations but equally Horizon 4 was great being set here. I just think now is the time for an overhaul as the last two were too similar...

Japan could be really good but I'd love to see them almost tear up the blueprint and go crazy with the new hardware. These have been exceptionally good games this far but it's time to change things up.

Comment

Can you imagine what a PGR would look like with today's graphics?!
                You get a glimpse when you drive around Edinburgh in Horizon 4.

A modern PGR running at 60fps could be something extra special. I sometimes go back to PGR2 & 4 and I can appreciate why I liked them so much. PGR2 seemed amazing back in 2003.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Good as the game is I found Horizon 4's setting was the weakest and its time the series shook things up more as the four games are pretty iterative
                As much as I really like what the dev managed to do with the UK, it can feel quite samey if you play it a lot. It's a stunning game though -- and the seasons aspect is something I really appreciate. I'll always go back to Horizon 4 because I love how it captures the essence of Britain.

I've thought about what I'd like to see with Horizon 5 -- and I keep thinking that setting it in the USA would be ideal. If the dev is going to create a much larger map with lots of variety, then America is the obvious choice. There's so much potential to deliver something with much broader scope that really takes advantage of the Series X etc...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  but I'd love to see them almost tear up the blueprint and go crazy with the new hardware.
                  They could move away from the focus on one country and create a fantasy map that's inspired by different countries around the world. They could pick interesting places from around the globe as inspiration and create a fantasy map that breaks free from focusing on one country.

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure how I want them to reinvent but definitely those ideas are solid enough. Horizon 3 was a massive step up from 2 but 3 & 4 almost book end each other being genetically the same gameplay but 4 oils ahead slightly because it offered weather and a solid 60fps mode.

I'd actually like to see them have semi-real world tracks to visit in game. You enter a certain series and part of those take place in enclosed tracks within the larger map. The Lego DLC kind of did this with one track in the north of the map.

I do like the US or Japan though.

Comment

Colorado
                      Southern France
                      Australia
                      Edinburgh

If they go US again it needs to be somewhere with some greenery.

Or, how about a Scandinavian country with ice racing and rally?!

Comment

Colorado
                        Southern France
                        Australia
                        Edinburgh

If they go US again it needs to be somewhere with some greenery.

Or, how about a Scandinavian country with ice racing and rally?!
                        Wasn't the second in Italy as well? I loved that one.

How about they go all out and give us most of mainland Europe with new countries dropping ongoing for a couple of years much like they're adding detail packs to Flight Simulator.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing what a new Horizon looks like on SeriesX. I stand by Horizon 4 being one of the best looking games I've ever seen. Next gen should hurt my eyes.

Comment

I'm having some weird trouble with RT on both my Series S controllers, more so with the black one I bought separately.

If I press RT at a slight angle to the right instead of straight down, there's a scraping sound during the movement and then it bumps into something. I noticed it while playing Ryse because I was rapidly pressing RT to shoot a bunch of arrows. It happens with the white controller but I have to conscientiously press it to the right a bit. I know you're holding it wrong, etc etc, but I'm curious if it's just my ones. I'm mostly playing FH4 which is fine because the triggers are pressed more smoothly in driving games.

Looking about online, it seems there's a similar issue with the XBO controllers and it might be the trigger hitting the rumble motor. I have one of the newer XBO ones(grey/green) and it doesn't do this at all.

Comment

Never heard of that. I'd contact Microsoft to swap it? I just tried all of my controllers (Series X and Xbox One) and none of them do that so it sounds like a clear fault.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                I'm having some weird trouble with RT on both my Series S controllers, more so with the black one I bought separately.

If I press RT at a slight angle to the right instead of straight down, there's a scraping sound during the movement and then it bumps into something. I noticed it while playing Ryse because I was rapidly pressing RT to shoot a bunch of arrows. It happens with the white controller but I have to conscientiously press it to the right a bit. I know you're holding it wrong, etc etc, but I'm curious if it's just my ones. I'm mostly playing FH4 which is fine because the triggers are pressed more smoothly in driving games.

Looking about online, it seems there's a similar issue with the XBO controllers and it might be the trigger hitting the rumble motor. I have one of the newer XBO ones(grey/green) and it doesn't do this at all.
                                This happens for me too if I press as you say, but to be honest I will probably not press the RT that way. Pulling trigger toward to center of controller.

I also found it occur on my son's Minecraft creeper Xbox one controller.

Comment

Working...
                                X